Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Padres/Fox Sports closing in on deal

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#181 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

Isn't Vegas dodgers territory?

There is no reason to have it in hd full time. All other games are duplicated on another channel that is available to all the same subs that would be allowed to get those games in hd full time already.

I think it is also Padres territory. And for San Diego residents, there is a reason to have it full-time. FS San Diego does have exclusive programming (albeit very little) that we can't see.:( Like the Padres season preview show and Padres game replays.

#182 OFFLINE   espnjason

espnjason

Armchair Referee

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

Using the Las Vegas Strip zip code in the MLB.tv lookup tool, basically all California teams plus the Diamondbacks claimed Vegas as its territory.

The only real issue is when the games are on OTA in their respective cities or when the games aren't broadcasted by the home network. When I lived in Vegas, there were many times when I wanted to watch the Dodgers/Giants and were only televised on their respective OTA stations, same when I wanted to watch the Angels and Yankees when the game is on KCOP. MLB needs to address this gap otherwise it will continue to be frustrating.

Isn't Vegas dodgers territory? If so, you will never get it in the sports pack, only if you get extra innings. Unless they both claim that dma???

How knows when the look up tool will be updated, but I am sure that's the last thing they worry about.

Attached Thumbnails

• LasVegasMLBterritory.jpg

Subscribed to DirecTV for NFL Sunday Ticket, remained a subscriber for international football.

#183 OFFLINE   kevintheoman

kevintheoman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

How knows when the look up tool will be updated, but I am sure that's the last thing they worry about.

I'd hope they cared about it. As a potential customer I'd like to know what I'll be paying for before I agree to service for 2 years.

#184 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:48 PM

When I lived in Vegas, there were many times when I wanted to watch the Dodgers/Giants and were only televised on their respective OTA stations, same when I wanted to watch the Angels and Yankees when the game is on KCOP.

At least with the Padres, this won't be a problem. FS San Diego will broadcast 158 games.:) The remaining 4 games will be national broadcasts on ESPN/FOX.

#185 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,218 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:21 AM

I'd hope they cared about it. As a potential customer I'd like to know what I'll be paying for before I agree to service for 2 years.

Id start by Checking with MLB to see what team claims your market, and then you will know if you even have a chance for it.

Edited by inkahauts, 21 March 2012 - 01:32 AM.

#186 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,218 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:26 AM

I think it is also Padres territory. And for San Diego residents, there is a reason to have it full-time. FS San Diego does have exclusive programming (albeit very little) that we can't see.:( Like the Padres season preview show and Padres game replays.

Yeah, that part sucks. I hope I am wrong, but I think if they where going to carry it full time they would have launched it full time, unless fox has a bandwidth issue and they are waiting for upgrades. Otherwise, I just don't see DirecTV wanting to limit their ability to add a full time hd channel by tying one up for a channel when they don't need to.

#187 OFFLINE   kevintheoman

kevintheoman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:51 AM

Id start by Checking with MLB to see what team claims your market, and then you will know if you even have a chance for it.

Las Vegas is local for the padres, doggers, angels, giants, A's, and d-bags. FS Arizona requires the sports pack. FS West, Prime Ticket, CSN Bay Area, and CSN California do not.

An extra $12.99 per month drastically affects my savings over keeping cable. I've heard conflicting answers regarding sports pack and FS San Diego for my zip code from the CSRs. I want something in print before I even begin to think about agreeing to a 2 year contract.

#188 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,243 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:04 AM

Las Vegas is local for the padres, doggers, angels, giants, A's, and d-bags. FS Arizona requires the sports pack. FS West, Prime Ticket, CSN Bay Area, and CSN California do not.

An extra $12.99 per month drastically affects my savings over keeping cable. I've heard conflicting answers regarding sports pack and FS San Diego for my zip code from the CSRs. I want something in print before I even begin to think about agreeing to a 2 year contract.

cox Las Vegas does not have CSN channels or FSN AZ
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#189 OFFLINE   kevintheoman

kevintheoman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:13 AM

cox Las Vegas does not have CSN channels or FSN AZ

Which is fine for me, all I care about are the padres.

#190 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

It is a games only service this year on Directv. In the future it certainly has the potential to be a 24/7 network but I don't know if any of that is locked down. Can only speak of it in this year's situation.
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#191 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:57 PM

It is a games only service this year on Directv.

And pre and post-game shows as well, would that be correct?

#192 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,218 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

It is a games only service this year on Directv. In the future it certainly has the potential to be a 24/7 network but I don't know if any of that is locked down. Can only speak of it in this year's situation.

But can a sub in Vegas get it without the sports pack like a sub in San Diego could?

#193 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,243 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

It becoming full time likely has to do with what happens with the lackers channel and what happens to fsn west / prime ticket after teams move over.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#194 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

And pre and post-game shows as well, would that be correct?

Correct
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#195 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:14 PM

Correct

Great, thanks SR!:)

#196 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:20 PM

But can a sub in Vegas get it without the sports pack like a sub in San Diego could?

Yes
DIRECTV employee

#197 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:05 AM

SR was last weeks 721 message a mistake or can those out of SD not be able to see Padres games?
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#198 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

SR was last weeks 721 message a mistake or can those out of SD not be able to see Padres games?

Should be people only in the Padres territory
DIRECTV employee

#199 OFFLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,178 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

but we should be able to watch padre pre game, games and post games with extra innings when the regular season starts, right?

#200 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

but we should be able to watch padre pre game, games and post games with extra innings when the regular season starts, right?

Don't think so. Last year they started to black out pre and post-game shows for those outside the local markets.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...