Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Padres/Fox Sports closing in on deal

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#201 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

but we should be able to watch padre pre game, games and post games with extra innings when the regular season starts, right?

Technically speaking, no. Pre and Post are not supposed to be available on MLB EI and that's been the case for a number of years. The reality is that it can't always be controlled as a human being has to be there to see if the game is over and then flip the switch. That human being is also having to monitor a gazillion other things so at times some of the post game can get in there. At least that is how it is supposed to work.
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#202 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

Technically speaking, no. Pre and Post are not supposed to be available on MLB EI and that's been the case for a number of years. The reality is that it can't always be controlled as a human being has to be there to see if the game is over and then flip the switch. That human being is also having to monitor a gazillion other things so at times some of the post game can get in there. At least that is how it is supposed to work.

don't they have to monitor the part time over flows and sub feeds any ways?

and if the part time over flows and sub feeds are on for the post and pre game then why have some cut off the post and pre game when it's easier to just cut the full feed 1 time.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#203 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,129 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

http://www.nctimes.c...9a07f83b50.html

I watched on MLBN last night!

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#204 OFFLINE   Rob

Rob

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 554 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

Time Warner Cable San Diego does not have a deal for Fox Sports San Diego. Looks like a lot of Directv installers will be very busy installing Directv in TWC service areas.
It's only tv!

#205 OFFLINE   kevintheoman

kevintheoman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:55 AM

Time Warner Cable San Diego does not have a deal for Fox Sports San Diego. Looks like a lot of Directv installers will be very busy installing Directv in TWC service areas.

Yep

http://www.utsandieg...padres-tv-deal/

FSSD is saying that AT&T and TWC won't have a deal in place in time for opening day. I sent a facebook blast out to my San Diego friends regarding the directv refer a friend promotion :)

#206 OFFLINE   RA in CA

RA in CA

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

As soon as last Padres season was over and knowing the cable monopoly was history, I dropped TWC- San Diego right then. Now have NFL network, Sunday Ticket and MLB EI in HD - best move I ever made. I was a 20 year TW customer.

#207 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

As soon as last Padres season was over and knowing the cable monopoly was history, I dropped TWC- San Diego right then. Now have NFL network, Sunday Ticket and MLB EI in HD - best move I ever made. I was a 20 year TW customer.

Very smart, you won't regret the move!:)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...