Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Padres/Fox Sports closing in on deal

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:24 PM

And here is the latest: http://www.signonsan...-principle-fsn/

Get ready for the Padres on Fox Sports San Diego.

A source familiar with the situation Thursday confirmed the Padres and Fox Sports Regional Networks are very close to an agreement in principle for a new network called Fox Sports San Diego to carry Padres games beginning with the 2012 season.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   teebeebee1

teebeebee1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

Anyone heard anything about FSN SD and what channel (s) it will be on the guide?

Thanks

#23 OFFLINE   zimm7778

zimm7778

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:55 PM

Anyone heard anything about FSN SD and what channel (s) it will be on the guide?

Thanks

Hmmm, when I called and ordered/paid for MLB EI he was telling me some teams they were not offering due to the channel not being available. I believe the Padres were one because it struck me as odd since I had seen them on EI for years. Perhaps this was why. I guess at this time they don't plan to carry this network.

#24 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

Hmmm, when I called and ordered/paid for MLB EI he was telling me some teams they were not offering due to the channel not being available. I believe the Padres were one because it struck me as odd since I had seen them on EI for years. Perhaps this was why. I guess at this time they don't plan to carry this network.

They will probably carry FSN San Diego by the time baseball season starts. Since the new Padres ownership still hasn't been officially approved by MLB, there is no public announcement yet.

#25 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

Thanks

Possibly channel 694.

#26 OFFLINE   trdrjeff

trdrjeff

Icon

• Registered
  • 779 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

Story in the UT yesterday about the Revenues they expect 1st year around $40M

http://www.utsandieg...ould-reach-40m/
HR20-100
Sharp 52" LCD 1080p
Yamaha YSP Sound Projector fed with Optical
Harmony 700

HR22-100
32" Samsung LED New School

#27 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

And here is another story on the possible deal: http://sandiego.padr...news_sd&c_id=sd

#28 OFFLINE   FenixTX

FenixTX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 474 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:09 PM

And here is another story on the possible deal: http://sandiego.padr...news_sd&c_id=sd

I love sports and watch them daily but how much networks are paying to obtain broadcast rights are out of control and really scary for satellite/cable subscribers. Our tv bills are just going to get higher and higher. I'm usually not an advocate for our government stepping in and regulating things of this nature but something needs to be done. It's getting way out of control. Sorry to rant. :)
Go Big Red!!!

#29 OFFLINE   BudShark

BudShark

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

I am SOOOO happy for the Padres. They deserve this. 40+ years of financial hardship... anything helps us. No more fire sales!!! Whooo Hooo!

(Although I will forever thank the fire sale of Gary Sheffield for Trevor...)

#30 OFFLINE   espnjason

espnjason

Armchair Referee

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

I am SOOOO happy for the Padres. They deserve this.

Well, I'm happy for those in San Diego, Vegas, and Southwestern Arizona that will be released from the shackles of Cox Cable after all these years. And for the rest of America that subscribe to MLB EI that won't have to put up with the marginal in-game graphics from 4SD.

I hope one day the same will happen in Philly.

Subscribed to DirecTV for NFL Sunday Ticket, remained a subscriber for international football.

#31 OFFLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 734 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

I love sports and watch them daily but how much networks are paying to obtain broadcast rights are out of control and really scary for satellite/cable subscribers. Our tv bills are just going to get higher and higher. I'm usually not an advocate for our government stepping in and regulating things of this nature but something needs to be done. It's getting way out of control. Sorry to rant. :)

Fenix, I see your point, but....

Until the day comes where we do refuse to pay, you are seeing capitalism in its rawest form.

For example: Some of the sports fans in Orange County who may complain about their bills are some of the very same people who would complain if the Angels did NOT sign Albert Pujols.

Those complaints are incompatible.

And having been in the telecom business for many years, believe me, the absolute last thing you want is the government sticking its big fat nose in this.

Cheers.

Edited by cmasia, 16 February 2012 - 08:52 AM.

#32 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

I am SOOOO happy for the Padres. They deserve this. 40+ years of financial hardship... anything helps us. No more fire sales!!! Whooo Hooo!

(Although I will forever thank the fire sale of Gary Sheffield for Trevor...)

I don't want to be negative, but rumor has it that MLB is concerned that the new ownership would use money from this TV deal to pay off the purchase of the ballclub.:nono2:

As a long-time Padres fan, I hope this is not true!

#33 OFFLINE   trdrjeff

trdrjeff

Icon

• Registered
  • 779 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

First week of March Launch:

http://www.utsandieg...around-march-5/
HR20-100
Sharp 52" LCD 1080p
Yamaha YSP Sound Projector fed with Optical
Harmony 700

HR22-100
32" Samsung LED New School

#34 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:48 AM

First week of March Launch:

http://www.utsandieg...around-march-5/

Now the questions is: when will DirecTV add FSN San Diego? At launch or later?

#35 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,237 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:56 PM

Now the questions is: when will DirecTV add FSN San Diego? At launch or later?

with Non-Padres programming before and after that date is expected to be a combination of national FSN telecasts as well as games now seen on Fox Sports Prime Ticket involving the Los Angeles Clippers, Anaheim Ducks and various colleges including UCLA and USC.

Maybe it will be a Sub Feed on Directv
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#36 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

Maybe it will be a Sub Feed on Directv

Or it might be on channel 694, thus explaining why Prime Ticket was moved to channel 693.

From the above story, it sounds as if Cox Cable will carry FSN San Diego at launch. No mention though in the article if it will be a full-time channel at launch. I guess we'll know for sure very soon!

#37 OFFLINE   espnjason

espnjason

Armchair Referee

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

Slightly unrelated question, isn't SD part of the LA Kings territory as well? Would SD still get FSW for Kings games?

Subscribed to DirecTV for NFL Sunday Ticket, remained a subscriber for international football.

#38 OFFLINE   Rob

Rob

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 560 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:03 PM

Slightly unrelated question, isn't SD part of the LA Kings territory as well? Would SD still get FSW for Kings games?

Yes, only sports to be blackout would be the Dodgers/Angels. Lakers, Clippers, Kings, Ducks, etc will still be available. At least until next year, they will have to make room for the Lakers new sport network.
It's only tv!

#39 OFFLINE   ajc68

ajc68

Icon

• Registered
  • 667 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

FS San Diego now has a Wiki page complete w/ logo:

http://en.wikipedia....ports_San_Diego

New home for Padres games, FOX Sports San Diego, to launch early next month:

http://hardballtalk....rly-next-month/

#40 OFFLINE   paco1986