Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Padres/Fox Sports closing in on deal

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,457 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:12 PM

FS San Diego now has a Wiki page complete w/ logo:

http://en.wikipedia....ports_San_Diego

That logo appears to have been created by a Wikipedia user, rather than coming from any official source.

Obviously (since it's based on all the other Fox Sports logos), I'd say it has a very good chance of turning out to be accurate, but for now, I think its presence on Wikipedia shouldn't be taken as an indicator of anything.
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   HGuardian

HGuardian

Godfather

• Registered
  • 429 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:25 PM

That logo appears to have been created by a Wikipedia user, rather than coming from any official source.

Obviously (since it's based on all the other Fox Sports logos), I'd say it has a very good chance of turning out to be accurate, but for now, I think its presence on Wikipedia shouldn't be taken as an indicator of anything.

http://www.foxsportssandiego.com/

#43 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,457 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:17 PM

http://www.foxsportssandiego.com/

Like I said...a very good chance of turning out to be accurate. :D
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#44 OFFLINE   Skyboss

Skyboss

Icon

• Registered
  • 581 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:48 AM

Or it might be on channel 694, thus explaining why Prime Ticket was moved to channel 693.

From the above story, it sounds as if Cox Cable will carry FSN San Diego at launch. No mention though in the article if it will be a full-time channel at launch. I guess we'll know for sure very soon!

It could be that because FS San Diego will carry the same programing as Prime Ticket until other agreements can be signed that cable subs will get a 7/24 channel (because they don't have Prime Ticket in San Diego) and Satellite subs will get a part time channel just for the games.
List is getting short….FMC HD, ID HD, Sundance HD, and Encore HD Channels.

#45 OFFLINE   Rob

Rob

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 552 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:38 PM

It could be that because FS San Diego will carry the same programing as Prime Ticket until other agreements can be signed that cable subs will get a 7/24 channel (because they don't have Prime Ticket in San Diego) and Satellite subs will get a part time channel just for the games.

I get FS West and Prime Ticket in San Diego. Angels and Dodgers games are blacked out.
It's only tv!

#46 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,197 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

Slightly unrelated question, isn't SD part of the LA Kings territory as well? Would SD still get FSW for Kings games?

Directv zip code tool says

FS West HD (Ch. 692) - HD Available

Los Angeles Kings (HD Available)

Los Angeles Lakers (HD Available)

Prime Ticket HD (Ch. 694) - HD Available

Anaheim Ducks (HD Available)

Los Angeles Clippers (HD Available)
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#47 OFFLINE   Skyboss

Skyboss

Icon

• Registered
  • 581 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:16 PM

I get FS West and Prime Ticket in San Diego. Angels and Dodgers games are blacked out.

You must be a time warner sub then. IIRC Cox had a big fight with Fox over Prime ticket.
List is getting short….FMC HD, ID HD, Sundance HD, and Encore HD Channels.

#48 OFFLINE   kenkraly2004

kenkraly2004

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

What is the status of Fox Sports San Diego? When will Fox Sports San Diego go on the air to air the padres games on tv? Also will Directv carry the channel?

#49 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:40 PM

What is the status of Fox Sports San Diego? When will Fox Sports San Diego go on the air to air the padres games on tv? Also will Directv carry the channel?

This is what's known so far. TV deal still needs to be approved by MLB, but there will likely be an interim deal in place until the long-term deal is approved. Everything with the Padres contract with FOX is tied into the impending sale of the team. Who knows if DirecTV will carry the channel, but I'm sure it was probably part of FOX's recent deal with DirecTV.

http://www.utsandieg...around-march-5/

#50 OFFLINE   kenkraly2004

kenkraly2004

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

That's the thing that worries me about fox sports san diego is it not being carried by Directv. Because if you remember when the Padres games on channel 4 where on Directv they only showed up on the extra innings channel and not a channel of it's own. Hopefully that will change with fox sports san diego.

#51 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:11 PM

This is what's known so far. TV deal still needs to be approved by MLB, but there will likely be an interim deal in place until the long-term deal is approved. Everything with the Padres contract with FOX is tied into the impending sale of the team. Who knows if DirecTV will carry the channel, but I'm sure it was probably part of FOX's recent deal with DirecTV.

http://www.utsandieg...around-march-5/

No matter what happens with the sale of the ballclub, the TV deal is in place. And I think DirecTV will carry the channel. I just can't see DirecTV passing up the opportunity to finally compete with Cox Cable.

#52 OFFLINE   WebTraveler

WebTraveler

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

No matter what happens with the sale of the ballclub, the TV deal is in place. And I think DirecTV will carry the channel. I just can't see DirecTV passing up the opportunity to finally compete with Cox Cable.

They will probably lose fox sports west in all of this on Directv - since it appears that the new FS San Diego will offer the LA area teams that are not subject to san diego blackouts in their programming.

#53 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,197 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:06 PM

They will probably lose fox sports west in all of this on Directv - since it appears that the new FS San Diego will offer the LA area teams that are not subject to san diego blackouts in their programming.

Lose why when it seems like it will be like the other areas where a new FSN feed shows one team with the older main feed filling time.

On directv you may get more then what you get with cable as you should get all games that are part of your market. Now on cable you may get the SD team on the main FSN channel with the other in area TEAM pushed to a alt channel.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#54 ONLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,030 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

I think DirecTV is simply going to add fsn sd as a part time rsn and it will only lite up for padres games, and everything else will stay the same since all their other programing on that channel sounds like it's just going to be duplicate of what is already on another station and available to that area. I think the local teams in la for NHL and Nba both claim sd as their home markets as well.

#55 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

looks like the last thing were all waiting on is for MLB to approve the new TV deal.

http://losangeles.sb...-angels-dodgers

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

#56 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:54 AM

looks like march 17 will be the first padres game on the new FS padres station.

not offically announces yet and not on the teams website. the padres are to have 5 night games in spring training.

http://www.nctimes.c...6099ee15b2.html

#57 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:59 AM

That's the thing that worries me about fox sports san diego is it not being carried by Directv. Because if you remember when the Padres games on channel 4 where on Directv they only showed up on the extra innings channel and not a channel of it's own. Hopefully that will change with fox sports san diego.

That's because Cox had exclusivity on I and wouldn't distribute to Uverse, Dish, Directv,etc
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#58 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:50 PM

That's because Cox had exclusivity on I and wouldn't distribute to Uverse, Dish, Directv,etc

So any news on when FS San Diego will be carried by DirecTV?

#59 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:23 AM

So any news on when FS San Diego will be carried by DirecTV?

Although SateliteRacer isn't allowed to confirm/deny it, I believe DirecTV will carry Fox Sports San Diego when it launches in early march.
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

#60 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:43 AM

it will probably be announced within the next few weeks. I believe the last step everyone is waiting on is for MLB to approve the deal. That is probably expected within next 2 weeks.

I believe 694 will be the new FS San Diego channel when it's announced.

spam firewall