Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Padres/Fox Sports closing in on deal

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

it will probably be announced within the next few weeks. I believe the last step everyone is waiting on is for MLB to approve the deal. That is probably expected within next 2 weeks.

I believe 694 will be the new FS San Diego channel when it's announced.

I think the new TV deal is already approved. The holdup is that the new ownership hasn't been officially approved by MLB. But nonetheless, an official announcement should be made on (or around) March 5.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#62 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:34 PM

And here is another update on Fox Sports San Diego: http://www.utsandieg...es-studio-host/

Fox Sports San Diego is expected to launch Monday, March 5, with a sneak preview on Cox Cable Channel 56 and 1056 (other carriage agreements are expected). It has a 20-year agreement to televise Padres games that is still awaiting approval from Major League Baseball.

Cox Cable already has a deal with FS San Diego! Come on DirecTV, get a deal done SOON!

#63 OFFLINE   Skyboss

Skyboss

Icon

• Registered
  • 588 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

And here is another update on Fox Sports San Diego: http://www.utsandieg...es-studio-host/

Cox Cable already has a deal with FS San Diego! Come on DirecTV, get a deal done SOON!

There may not be a deal required. Could be Fox already has a blanket contract for up to xx many channels.

They will probably lose fox sports west in all of this on Directv - since it appears that the new FS San Diego will offer the LA area teams that are not subject to san diego blackouts in their programming.

If anything, San Diego subs will lose Prime Ticket not FS West.
List is getting short….FMC HD, ID HD, Sundance HD, and Encore HD Channels.

#64 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,279 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:57 PM

There may not be a deal required. Could be Fox already has a blanket contract for up to xx many channels.

I doubt they will loose anything. I think this station will be the part time game only station that is getting picked up.

#65 OFFLINE   espnjason

espnjason

Armchair Referee

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:22 PM

That would mean no replays, like some places are dealing with.

I think this station will be the part time game only station that is getting picked up.

Subscribed to DirecTV for NFL Sunday Ticket, remained a subscriber for international football.

#66 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

looks like march 5 will be the launch date, so I'd expect directv to launch when the channel does.

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

#67 OFFLINE   Skyboss

Skyboss

Icon

• Registered
  • 588 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

I doubt they will loose anything. I think this station will be the part time game only station that is getting picked up.

Could be. Looks like on Cable it's going to be full time, but that doesn't mean it has to be full time on Dish or Direct.
List is getting short….FMC HD, ID HD, Sundance HD, and Encore HD Channels.

#68 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

i think it will be full for padres games, after that it probably will put on what other FSN's have for programing.

#69 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,253 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

I heard that if the dodgers move to that lakers channel then there may not be a need for Prime Ticket any more. So it may just be come a sub feed / alt feed of FSN West.

Any way say the MLB blackout rules change then that may lead to a lot of FSN feeds changing as well.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#70 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,253 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:39 PM

i think it will be full for padres games, after that it probably will put on what other FSN's have for programing.

it will also mirror games form prime ticket / FSN WEST.

#71 OFFLINE   espnjason

espnjason

Armchair Referee

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

I heard that if the dodgers move to that lakers channel then there may not be a need for Prime Ticket any more. So it may just be come a sub feed / alt feed of FSN West.

That may very well be possible. In addition, I am not sure how many USC/UCLA games will still broadcast on FS West after the move to the Pac-12 Network. Thus FSW may just double down on the Clippers, Kings, Ducks, and San Diego State on top of the Angels and Padres.

Subscribed to DirecTV for NFL Sunday Ticket, remained a subscriber for international football.

#72 OFFLINE   Rob

Rob

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 570 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

http://www.foxsportssandiego.com/ updated their website very very slightly as they now have added a sports scoreboard at the top of their webpage. It doesn't have the universal look as other Fox Sports Net websites, but I think they will in time.
It's only tv!

#73 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:27 PM

That may very well be possible. In addition, I am not sure how many USC/UCLA games will still broadcast on FS West after the move to the Pac-12 Network. Thus FSW may just double down on the Clippers, Kings, Ducks, and San Diego State on top of the Angels and Padres.

FSN will still carry some Pac-12 basketball games on a national basis, but not any Pac-12 football.

#74 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:20 AM

march 5 FS SD will launch. Not sure on the time

#75 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,253 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:27 AM

march 5 FS SD will launch. Not sure on the time

will it have it's own launch or just start mirroring FSN West / prime ticket?

#76 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

http://en.wikipedia....ki/FS_San_Diego

#77 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,279 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

Could be. Looks like on Cable it's going to be full time, but that doesn't mean it has to be full time on Dish or Direct.

But do those cable companies offer fsn west and prime ticket full time in there areas right now?

#78 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

But do those cable companies offer fsn west and prime ticket full time in there areas right now?

Cox carries FSN West, but not Prime Ticket.

#79 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,253 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:58 PM

Cox carries FSN West, but not Prime Ticket.

Cox Las Vegas has both + a game only feed of SD4.

also the new Lakers channel may take teams from FSN West and Prime Ticket.

So after some time you may just have FSN west + a over flow and the SD feed that mirrors sports from FSN WEST.

#80 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,279 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:06 PM

Cox Las Vegas has both + a game only feed of SD4.

also the new Lakers channel may take teams from FSN West and Prime Ticket.

So after some time you may just have FSN west + a over flow and the SD feed that mirrors sports from FSN WEST.

The lakers channel has already taken the galaxy. I think the only major thing left for them to take is the dodgers. I don't think they will go after a hockey team unless fox shuts down one of the local RSNs. And I don't see that happening unless they absolutely have too.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...