Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

L635 on VIP622

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:33 PM

We had 6.34 and now have 6.35. Went into the search history just now and, with the exception of two searches entered a couple of nights ago, our search history is gone - wiped out all the history except those two. We had a bunch of searches for timers that needed to be replaced from our old receiver (couldn't replace them when replacement receiver arrived since some shows were on hiatus). There were probably around 20 searches saved and we don't remember what they all were. Hubby is not happy.

Yes, my 622 updated to L6.35 and erased past searches as well. I didn't have that many in History, so it's no big deal.

The only thing that bothered me for a few days was the audio leveling feature. The volume went up and down whenever it chose to, so I turned it off until I get more info on how it works.

So far, any problems introduced by L6.35 have been minor and insignificant. I do like the banner going away after 5 seconds. That's a neat feature when you want to read/see what's beneath it.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 682 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:39 PM

We had 6.34 and now have 6.35. Went into the search history just now and, with the exception of two searches entered a couple of nights ago, our search history is gone - wiped out all the history except those two. We had a bunch of searches for timers that needed to be replaced from our old receiver (couldn't replace them when replacement receiver arrived since some shows were on hiatus). There were probably around 20 searches saved and we don't remember what they all were. Hubby is not happy.

Edit: In looking back at the "6.34 is spooling" thread, it looks like someone else lost their search history with 6.34 so maybe the same happened to us. Still not happy but obviously no way to recover the history. Maybe this is why 6.35 came out so quickly.

What changes do you see from the 6.35 upgrade.

#23 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• Registered
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:30 AM

We had a bunch of searches for timers that needed to be replaced from our old receiver (couldn't replace them when replacement receiver arrived since some shows were on hiatus).

That's where DBSTalk can help. The "TV Shows" tab up top will take you to the calendar of season premieres where you can request an e-mail reminder be sent up to 3 days in advance. Also watch the TV Show Reminders thread for new additions.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#24 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:05 PM

My 622 got L6.35 a few days ago. Today while messing around with the DVR Timer settings, my 622 stopped responding to the remote and re-booted itself. This coincided with the top-of-the-hour EPG update.

When it operated under L6.33, the 622 re-booted itself a number of times as well. I'm not so sure it's an issue with the new L6.35 version. The only new twist is that it happened (coincided) with the change of hour.

Either way, it's so sporatic that it's no big deal.

Well, it happened again this morning. The difference this time was that TV2 output was lost for a few minutes before the 622 froze and re-booted itself. All was fine after re-boot. I failed to notice if the re-boot coincided with the top-of-the-hour EPG update, like before.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#25 OFFLINE   epokopac

epokopac

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Georgia

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:07 PM

Yes, my 622 updated to L6.35 and erased past searches as well. I didn't have that many in History, so it's no big deal.

The only thing that bothered me for a few days was the audio leveling feature. The volume went up and down whenever it chose to, so I turned it off until I get more info on how it works.

So far, any problems introduced by L6.35 have been minor and insignificant. I do like the banner going away after 5 seconds. That's a neat feature when you want to read/see what's beneath it.

Same thing happened to me. Recreated them (7 total). Shouldn't of had to in the first place.

Does E* even "test & debug" a new release on a test server BEFORE implementing it to the civilized world? I'd be looking for a new job if a new software release I installed wiped out historical/archived information on a Live system. :(

#26 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:54 PM

If you press Themes, which brings up the Themes and Search window, is the last search you performed listed in the Search Criteria forcing you to select Clear Entry before making another search?
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#27 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,057 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:57 PM

Same thing happened to me. Recreated them (7 total). Shouldn't of had to in the first place.

Does E* even "test & debug" a new release on a test server BEFORE implementing it to the civilized world? I'd be looking for a new job if a new software release I installed wiped out historical/archived information on a Live system. :(

Why they need to spend money for QA ? You and all customers will do that for free !

#28 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:54 AM

Free?
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#29 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,057 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:19 AM

Free?

Perhaps only you is that lucky person who is getting paid for daily use the DVR/receivers.

#30 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:25 AM

Whooosh!

#31 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,057 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:38 AM

All other subscribers does QA tests for privilege to pay for it to the providers. I.e. for free for those.

#32 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:22 PM

I think this is the best you can hope for, epokopac. I'm sure they have some in-house QA procedures they run, but my guess is that they are minimal and only check for errors causing catastrophic failures. It's not the first time that they've released an update only to replace it a few days later.

In their defense, I imagine that the software we get must be monstrously complicated. The cause and effect are multiplied by the many receiver models they must have in the field, what features have been activated, and the sheer amount of time and in-house software it would take to cover all features and conditions.

If you stop and think about it, Dish would probably release fewer software updates if it didn't rely on us to give them feedback. I think that replacing a few search histories is a small price to pay for the software updates.

Don't forget that these machines are just computers whose expanding features and capabilities have yet to be exhausted.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#33 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:30 PM

I think that replacing a few search histories is a small price to pay for the software updates.

Of course that doesn't address the fact that the Search feature is now messed up given the fact that Clear Entry must be selected prior to performing a new search. Is it too much to ask that the functions that WERE WORKING prior to the update STILL WORK?
If Dish wants happy users, don't force the user to recreate things because of an update. I see no reason the search history should have been deleted.

#34 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:49 PM

Of course that doesn't address the fact that the Search feature is now messed up given the fact that Clear Entry must be selected prior to performing a new search. Is it too much to ask that the functions that WERE WORKING prior to the update STILL WORK?
If Dish wants happy users, don't force the user to recreate things because of an update. I see no reason the search history should have been deleted.

I don't use the search feature that often, so this change doesn't bother me. It's a good thing that Dish has its representatives on DBSTalk.com.
You should be able to express your displeasure to them.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#35 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:28 PM

Well, I guess they can read as well as anyone here.

#36 OFFLINE   Benhath

Benhath

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:40 AM

Still 6.33 here...

Hope it clears up this HDMI audio dropout problem...

#37 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:46 PM

Well, I guess they can read as well as anyone here.

+1
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#38 OFFLINE   Benhath

Benhath

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:47 PM

Got 6.35 last night. Seems to have solved the long-standing HDMI audio dropout problems so far.

Still 6.33 here...

#39 OFFLINE   dbconsultant

dbconsultant

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,260 posts
  • LocationTemecula, CA

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:43 AM

That's where DBSTalk can help. The "TV Shows" tab up top will take you to the calendar of season premieres where you can request an e-mail reminder be sent up to 3 days in advance. Also watch the TV Show Reminders thread for new additions.

Thanks, BobaBird, I didn't even know about that option! Always learning at DBSTalk!:)

Debi

Hopper and one Joey
Sony KDL-40W5100 HDTV
Pioneer VSX-41 A/V Receiver
Magnavox DVD Recorder
Sony DVP-NC665P CD/DVD Player

Sony BlueRay Player

#40 OFFLINE   AVJohnnie

AVJohnnie

Icon

• Registered
  • 508 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:12 AM

Still 6.33 here...

I have two 622s - One is connected via HDMI the other via Component/R-L Audio. Both have the audio dropout problem. Both have now updated to L6.35 - both still have the dropout issue. Just thought I'd mention it...

Edited by AVJohnnie, 24 June 2011 - 10:16 AM.
Typo correction

Protected By... spam firewall...And...