Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Powered hub and no sling?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:59 PM

Does it have switches on each port?
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   MadScientist

MadScientist

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:04 PM

Hello, no it does not have any switches.

#43 OFFLINE   gilunionhall

gilunionhall

Legend

• Registered
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:23 AM

hi guys -

does anyone know for sure that the usb extender antenna will work with a hub?

i used the extender with an usb extension cable and it worked with that, but not my existing hub.

tks again

gil

#44 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:36 AM

Are you speaking of the LAN adapter?
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#45 OFFLINE   gilunionhall

gilunionhall

Legend

• Registered
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:27 AM

tks for responding - it is a thumb drive looking device that wirelessly connects the 722 to the computer - are we talking about the same device? the 722 is in a different part of the house so i cant use and ethernet cable to connect them.

tks,

gil

#46 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:26 AM

Did you get this from Dish?

#47 OFFLINE   gilunionhall

gilunionhall

Legend

• Registered
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:41 AM

hello again -

i think i am having a senior moment - i took everything apart temporarily becasue we are having company - and could actually be the sling that has the trouble going through the hub.

as far as the usb extender - it is from dish and is talked about on pg 8 of -

GetConnected-Printable-Instructions.pdf

tks again,

gil

#48 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:24 PM

Using the Sling Adapter and the NetGear LAN Adapter in a non-powered hub won't work because the Sling Adapter steps all over the LAN adapter. I had the same situation and decided to use the front USB connector when I want to use the Sling Adapter which isn't often given the limited functionality of the Sling (IMO).
I don't know if this addresses your situation.

#49 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,702 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:26 PM

Anyone could start troubleshooting on Win PC using USBDeview.exe program from nitsoft.net by connecting his hub and all the gears with it to the PC.
You could see what Power require each of your device, so a sum of those shouldn't exceed 500 mA per DVR's port (if it follow common sense as PC manufacturers).

#50 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:34 PM

Please, could we have serious posts that are actually helpful to the average users who are seeking help instead of the self aggrandizement?

#51 OFFLINE   gilunionhall

gilunionhall

Legend

• Registered
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:06 PM

hi kent -

you mentioned - "decided to use the front USB connector"- unfortunately that is exactly what i didnt want to do.

so i guess i am out of luck - but thanks for giving me the advice.

i have a 2nd dvr - a 622 - will dish switch out a 722 for it?

tks again,

gil

#52 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:20 PM

For the very few times I use the Sling Adapter, the front USB port works for me. If you want to keep the SA connected I can see not wanting to use the front port. As for switching out your 622 for a 722, that can be frustrating if you go through the 800-number CSR's. Check with one of the Dish IRT folks here to see if they can facilitate an upgrade such as that. If they can't help you, PM me.

spam firewall