Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

VIP222k format changes without warning

hdmi

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   samhevener

samhevener

Godfather

• Registered
  • 302 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:46 AM

I had a VIP222k installed about a week ago. I'm in dual mode and both of my tvs are SD. The Tv connected to TV1 changes the format without warning maybe once every 10-15 minutes and I have to keep reajusting it. It is becoming a real pain. The receiver output to TV1 is chan 75 and the output to TV2 is 73. Any ideas on a fix?
AN OLD GEEZER WHO REMEMBERS THE DUMONT TELEVISION NETWORK AND IT'S TOP RATED "CAPTAIN VIDEO AND HIS VIDEO RANGERS", TV NEWS ANCHORMEN WEARING HATS DURING THE NEWSCAST, ONLY 180 SECONDS OF COMMERICALS EACH HALF HOUR, 3 STATIONS ON THE AIR WITH THEIR TEST PATTERNS AIRED FROM 2 TO 3PM, PROGRAMMING FROM 3PM TO 11:30 AND SIGNING OFF AT 11:30PM. HOW COULD I FORGET THE SINGLE FRAME VERTICAL ROLL WHEN THE STATIONS SWITCHED FROM NETWORK TO LOCAL OR LOCAL TO NETWORK AND THE TIME TONE ON THE HOUR.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   John79605

John79605

Legend

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:05 AM

I had to give up on using TV1 to feed an SD TV because of this. I had both tuners controlled by UHF remotes and the format button on TV2 remote changed the format at TV1. That problem cleared up when I chose a different code that put the remotes on different UHF bands, A vs B. The TV1 format still changes every time a timer turns on TV2, and I have lots of timers.

#3 OFFLINE   RMichals

RMichals

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:36 PM

The 222k has various software problems since the latest release, including the spontaneous screen formating changes from zoomed back to normal (anamorphic 16:9) on the TV1 output when on SD channels and a major timer bug with tv2 when programming OTA tuner module channel timer for TV2. The only work around is to program a satellite channel then create the timer, then go back and edit channel and select the local OTA module channel. Otherwise it saves it as a TV1 timer if you try to program a TV2 timer on a OTA module channel on your first try.

#4 OFFLINE   samhevener

samhevener

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 302 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:15 AM

Thanks for the information. My TV1 remote is not UHF, only my TV2 remote is. I should call tech support and let them know about the problem for their next software upgrade. I'm not that happy with this new VIP222k upgrade from my old SD receiver. Lower signal strength on the eastern arc means much more rain fade and then this format problem along with the 2 day guide being wiped out on some days. New and "improved" isn't always better.
AN OLD GEEZER WHO REMEMBERS THE DUMONT TELEVISION NETWORK AND IT'S TOP RATED "CAPTAIN VIDEO AND HIS VIDEO RANGERS", TV NEWS ANCHORMEN WEARING HATS DURING THE NEWSCAST, ONLY 180 SECONDS OF COMMERICALS EACH HALF HOUR, 3 STATIONS ON THE AIR WITH THEIR TEST PATTERNS AIRED FROM 2 TO 3PM, PROGRAMMING FROM 3PM TO 11:30 AND SIGNING OFF AT 11:30PM. HOW COULD I FORGET THE SINGLE FRAME VERTICAL ROLL WHEN THE STATIONS SWITCHED FROM NETWORK TO LOCAL OR LOCAL TO NETWORK AND THE TIME TONE ON THE HOUR.

#5 OFFLINE   samhevener

samhevener

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:11 AM

I did check and the format on TV1 changes when the channel is changed on TV2. Not every time but just enough to cause it the be a pain. I'm going to change the remote control channel to see if it makes a difference. I have an IR remote on TV1 and a UHF on TV2.

#6 OFFLINE   EdJ

EdJ

Legend

• Registered
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:59 AM

I had a VIP222K installed a few weeks ago. About a week ago, the HD pictures started to go to a 'Stretch' format. That is, the HD picture would stretch so the left/right sides of the picture were off the edge of the screen. I tried all sorts of things to fix the problem. I eventually reached the end of my ideas and tried doing a 'Factory Defaults' as a last resort. Much to my surprise, it fixed the problem. I had to go back and recreate my Favorites list and a couple other settings, but it is still working OK. This only affected TV1 with the HD.

If you have run out of ideas, you might try doing the 'Factory Default' reset to see if it will fix the problem.

#7 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:45 PM

Did these problems start with the current L590 released 4/29, or are they older than that?
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#8 OFFLINE   John79605

John79605

Legend

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:21 PM

My 222k recently updated from L397 to L398. Both of them have the format problems.

#9 OFFLINE   samhevener

samhevener

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 302 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:36 AM

My VIP222k has L590 uploaded and has the problem.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hdmi

spam firewall