Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

H25 Receiver

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:15 PM

Any numbers on HR24 models? I'm curious how the four or five posts bitching about how terrible the HR24-500's are stack up against reality. !rolling

Nothing that is semi-publicly available. However, just from my personal experience, all three combined have got to be in the 750,000 to 1,000,00 range. I'm routinely putting in 8-12 per week. I'm one of 200 or so inhouse guys in my market. Others about the same.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   jeffro23

jeffro23

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:19 PM

id love to get an H25 in the master to replace the current clunky one.

the only issue I have is that my current setup has an ethernet switch in between the deca and the receiver. this way I can run fast wired ethernet to the TV and blu ray player for streaming. its been great so far. with
an internal deca, do I have this option?

can I keep the external deca and run it to the h25? Im guessing I cant split the coax coming from the wall so that one goes to the h25 and the other in just uses the ethernet from the deca.

id love to hook this tiny receiver up behind the wall mounted LCD

#83 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:21 PM

id love to get an H25 in the master to replace the current clunky one.

the only issue I have is that my current setup has an ethernet switch in between the deca and the receiver. this way I can run fast wired ethernet to the TV and blu ray player for streaming. its been great so far. with
an internal deca, do I have this option?

can I keep the external deca and run it to the h25? Im guessing I cant split the coax coming from the wall so that one goes to the h25 and the other in just uses the ethernet from the deca.

id love to hook this tiny receiver up behind the wall mounted LCD

You would do just that. Just split the line.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me

#84 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,909 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:44 PM

You would do just that. Just split the line.

Most likely would need to get a power supply for the DECA as well.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#85 OFFLINE   jeffro23

jeffro23

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:02 PM

interesting.

so I can get one of these splitters:

SPLIT2MRV

then run a powered DECA off one output that feeds ethernet to the switch and the other output straight to the h25?

#86 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:17 PM

Most likely would need to get a power supply for the DECA as well.

Oops. Forgot that part. Yes, a seperate power supply would be needed for the receiver (now otherstuff) deca.

interesting.

so I can get one of these splitters:

SPLIT2MRV

then run a powered DECA off one output that feeds ethernet to the switch and the other output straight to the h25?

You also need to get a power supply for the deca as well. The 24/25s won't power them.

spam firewall