Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What no buffer?

smarstor

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   talkdj

talkdj

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:50 PM

Dosen't the 722 buffer recordings? We were watching Letterman and my wife wanted to see the beginning of an interview he was doing. I had already started watching before she hit the record button. It only started recording from the time she hit the button and not when I started watching the show.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Dish97

Dish97

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:17 AM

When you hit the record button, a box appears at the bottom of the screen. Select the "options" button and you can choose to start the recording from the beginning of the program. I actually like this system better. A lot of times I may only want to record a short segment of a program for later viewing and don't need to have the entire show recorded.

#3 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Registered
  • 824 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:27 AM

When you hit the record button, a box appears at the bottom of the screen. Select the "options" button and you can choose to start the recording from the beginning of the program.

Sounds like a useful option so I wondered if it might be available on the 622. The Options menu includes "Record Entire Event" but it is not active. Checked both my 622s, one on L633 and one on L635. Inactive on both. Hope Dish activates this option in the next upgrade.

#4 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:53 AM

That option will not be available unless the beginning of the program is in the buffer.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#5 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,598 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:01 PM

Yeah.. once you decide to record, the decision is made... anything before that point in the buffer is trashed.

You can always rewind to the beginning of the buffer before hitting record, and may need to do so in some cases anyway, to catch everything that was in the buffer.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#6 OFFLINE   bnborg

bnborg

Icon

• Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:34 PM

When you hit the record button, a box appears at the bottom of the screen. Select the "options" button and you can choose to start the recording from the beginning of the program. I actually like this system better. A lot of times I may only want to record a short segment of a program for later viewing and don't need to have the entire show recorded.

As an alternative, you can hit rewind and go back to the beginning, or other point of your choosing. You can then record from there. This is only good for as much as is currently in the buffer, of course. ;)
Dish Network VIP722k - Gold 250 + HD/Platinum
110,119, and 129 on Dish 1000.2
Dynex (BestBuy) 42" HDTV, Onkyo TX-SR303 Receiver

#7 OFFLINE   4bama

4bama

Godfather

• Registered
  • 276 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:47 AM

As an alternative, you can hit rewind and go back to the beginning, or other point of your choosing. You can then record from there. This is only good for as much as is currently in the buffer, of course. ;)

And the good thing about this method is you will know for sure where the recording starts, then after the recording starts you can skip (or fast) forward to catch back up with where you started the rewind..unless your wife forces you to watch it all again....:lol:
Dish 622 DVR, B'ham locals via Dish, Montgomery locals OTA, Winegard on 70' tower + CM7777 preamp

Protected By... spam firewall...And...