Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

722 wireless reception

speakers

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   akble

akble

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:46 AM

Have hooked up a 722 with wireless adapter from Dish- am trying to receive signal from 150 ft away in different building. The unit willat best only show 30-40% reception on 722- does not appear strong enough to run Google Adapter.
Any suggestions? Are both the front and back USB the same? 2.0?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   finniganps

finniganps

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:17 AM

Call Dish and tell them what you're doing...if you get a good tech they should be able to better explain your options.

#3 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 566 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:46 PM

I'm guessing that you don't have internet at your home. If you do, the wifi adapter should be able to pick up a much stronger signal since it would be closer (we ask for higher than 40 points with a wifi adapter).

There's not any other options I can think of that would increase your signal strength other than repositioning the wifi adapter

The front and back USB ports will work the same

Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
Social Media

Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 11a-10p MT.  Off: Weds/Sat/Sun.

#4 OFFLINE   gtal98

gtal98

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:03 PM

Side note - the Google TV box does not feed off of the receivers internet connection - it has it's own wireless built in that can then feed the receiver via the ethernet port.

Also, my experience with installing the Dish provided wireless adapters is that they don't pick up well at all. Even with the router in the next room it's hard to get them to receive above 40%. Because of this (and the fact that no one ever knows their wireless passwords) I always go with Slinglinks.

#5 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:17 PM

My adapter is on the ground floor and my router is on the second floor. I consistently get ~60 signal strength.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#6 OFFLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 726 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:26 AM

You could try buying a wireless access point that can act as a repeater. Position it in an area where you get good reception and that may help.
Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

#7 OFFLINE   Wilf

Wilf

Legend

• Registered
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:17 AM

Have hooked up a 722 with wireless adapter from Dish- am trying to receive signal from 150 ft away in different building. The unit willat best only show 30-40% reception on 722- does not appear strong enough to run Google Adapter.
Any suggestions? Are both the front and back USB the same? 2.0?

You might try a homemade coffee can or Pringles can antenna.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: speakers

Protected By... spam firewall...And...