Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Pixelation occuring on NBC?

swm

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   futurerebeldr

futurerebeldr

AllStar

• Registered
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:49 PM

I have strange green pixelation and audio dropouts on my local NBC station off and on. It seems to occur at random, sometimes every few days...sometimes weeks between occurrences. Does anyone else have a problem with this? It most recently occurred a few minutes while I was watching The Voice on NBC. I know it's not a weather issue, clouds, rain, etc., as it hasn't rained here for weeks in south Alabama.

It doesn't occur on any other channel, so I'm wondering if it's just my local station.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   infounlim

infounlim

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:04 PM

I have something similar here in the ATL area. Everyday lately around 6:00PM the local HD channels pixilate and drop. Usually lasts for 10-30min.

#3 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:52 AM

I would suggest looking in here for whatever DMA your locals are from and posting in that thread.

http://www.dbstalk.c...splay.php?f=154
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#4 OFFLINE   futurerebeldr

futurerebeldr

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:28 PM

Thanks, but I had already checked and my DMA wasn't listed. Unless I overlooked Montgomery, AL.

#5 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:37 PM

Yep your right, looks like Montgomery-Selma, AL (DMA 117) doesn't have a thread. You could try sending a Private Message to Doug Brott to see if he wants to start one for that DMA, or if you should just use this thread.

Sounds like it might be either an issue at your local broadcast station, or it could be an issue at DirecTVs receiving facility.

Have you tried watching the channel OTA at when the issues pop up to see if the problem is still there?
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#6 OFFLINE   futurerebeldr

futurerebeldr

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:48 AM

I have no way to watch the channel OTA as I don't have an antenna. We just purchased this house as new construction about 8 months ago.

I've contemplated getting one as D* hasn't reached an agreement with the local FOX station since locals were turned up back in late October 2010.

#7 OFFLINE   lgb0250

lgb0250

Legend

• Registered
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:42 AM

I've had the same problem with a couple of shows this week while recording off of the NBC digital channel using my AM21. America's Got Talent was totally unwatchable and portions of the US Open Golf tournament were also unwatchable. This just started recently but because I thought my hard drive was starting to go out I ignored it. Now it seems like the problem is other than that. Found Dougs thread for my DMA but there hasn't been a post on it for almost a year!

#8 OFFLINE   lgb0250

lgb0250

Legend

• Registered
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:23 PM

Just as a quick follow up I'm sitting here at 2:15pm watching the US Open again and still getting the pixelation and the occasional "searching for signal on off air tuner (792)l" sub screen that pops up! Beautiful day with no clouds around!! This is getting old quick. Switched over the the regular satellite NBC station and have no problems whatsoever!

#9 OFFLINE   khark

khark

Mentor

• Registered
  • 51 posts
  • LocationWyoming

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:04 AM

I saw quite a lot of pixilation on the US Open yesterday on the satellite local from Salt Lake City.

#10 OFFLINE   Dr_J

Dr_J

Icon

• Registered
  • 508 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:04 PM

Turned on football briefly tonight on NBC, and it was almost constant pixelation for the few minutes that I watched on HD (channel 10 in Providence). No problems on any other stations.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: swm

Protected By... spam firewall...And...