Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

L6.85 on 722k

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:56 PM

Pointing to other bad acts to justify these bad acts is hardly a defense.

And misses the point of my (long) post. It points out how hard it is to find every conflict when a change is made in very complex programs. Hardly a bad act. You chose to quote one sentence, if that was all I posted you would be correct.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:53 PM

And misses the point of my (long) post. It points out how hard it is to find every conflict when a change is made in very complex programs. Hardly a bad act. You chose to quote one sentence, if that was all I posted you would be correct.

You're right; everybody does it so it's OK. :rolleyes:
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#23 OFFLINE   barryaz1

barryaz1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:19 AM

So here's something I just discovered today:

If I'm in one of my guides watching/listening to a station that is not in that guide, and I then enter a channel also not in "that" guide, the new number shows up next to the upper right image, and then disappears. It will not switch to that channel unless I'm in a guide that actually features that channel.

For example, I was listening/watching 6030, SiriusXM, The Loft, and browsing through my guide with all the movie stations. Decided that I wanted to listen to a different SiriusXM station and tried to enter it directly. Would not do it. This is a new problem, I'm pretty sure.

And it's an issue especially since I frequently listen to SiriusXM without the TV on, and even have 2 timers set for specific shows. So it will not switch to a new station after the recording if I wasn't last at a guide that contains the "new" station.

(This refers to my various Favorites Guides that I've set up and labeled)

#24 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:51 AM

That is not new, or at least it is how the VIP612 works. The answer is, again at least with my VIP 612, don't use the guide when changing to a channel not in the list. Simply enter the channel number. It should go to that channel, but you will still be in the same favorites list. That means if you set a channel to record not in the current favorites list, it will indeed record. All that is happening is when you are actually in the favorites list guide, a channel you pick not in the guide does not get displayed.

If you are finding you can not in anyway go to a channel not in the current favorites list, even by directly entering the channel without being in the guide, that would indeed be a change and would need to be fixed.

#25 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:34 AM

I believe he's referring to a ViP722k, not a ViP612.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#26 OFFLINE   barryaz1

barryaz1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:19 PM

Yes, of course. This is a 722k thread...

And I'm not positive it wasn't that way before, but I doubt it. And yes, if you're not in a Guide, any channel can be accessed.

But isn't this bad for Dish? If one is browsing thorugh a guide and decides to look at the PPV's, you can't easily.

#27 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:35 PM

Yes, but the two have had almost the same operating system, other than the dual output of the 722. Sure it's possible on the 722 while in one of the favorites guides you could have the guide show a channel not even in that guide, but you never could on the 612, so I threw out there. Are you saying the 722 could show a channel in favorites guide that is not in that guide?

#28 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,057 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:58 PM

Yes, but the two have had almost the same operating system, other than the dual output of the 722. Sure it's possible on the 722 while in one of the favorites guides you could have the guide show a channel not even in that guide, but you never could on the 612, so I threw out there. Are you saying the 722 could show a channel in favorites guide that is not in that guide?

622 and 722 what is actually HW wise different from 622 and for sure 612 got different FW not that long time ago, BTW.

#29 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:59 PM

"Yes, but the two have had almost the same operating system..."
I'm saying the OP is discussing a 722k, not a 612. And, I'm not so sure about the operating systems being "almost the same" given the sling capabilities and VOD as well as others.

#30 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,057 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:10 PM

"Yes, but the two have had almost the same operating system..."
I'm saying the OP is discussing a 722k, not a 612. And, I'm not so sure about the operating systems being "almost the same" given the sling capabilities and VOD as well as others.

Follow that I would say '622 and 922 have had almost same OPERATING SYSTEM (not GUI !)'. It's a Linux.

#31 OFFLINE   barryaz1

barryaz1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:30 AM

Are you saying the 722 could show a channel in favorites guide that is not in that guide?

I'm not 100% positive, but pretty sure that if I was viewing my "Movies" guide and I manually entered 6030, for example, that it would switch to "All Subscribed" or "All" and highlight that channel, and I might have had to hit select again to actually get it. Again, I'm not 100% sure, but the fact that I'm noticing something like this makes me pretty sure that's the way it was previously.

#32 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:40 AM

I'm not 100% positive, but pretty sure that if I was viewing my "Movies" guide and I manually entered 6030, for example, that it would switch to "All Subscribed" or "All" and highlight that channel, and I might have had to hit select again to actually get it. Again, I'm not 100% sure, but the fact that I'm noticing something like this makes me pretty sure that's the way it was previously.

Older receivers like the 508 worked exactly like that also. If someone with the older software on a 722 could try it we would have the answer of how it was for that receiver. But in any case, it is doubful the receiver would display a channel not in the present favorite guide while staying in that guide.

#33 OFFLINE   barryaz1

barryaz1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:31 AM

Older receivers like the 508 worked exactly like that also. If someone with the older software on a 722 could try it we would have the answer of how it was for that receiver. But in any case, it is doubful the receiver would display a channel not in the present favorite guide while staying in that guide.

Just tested that with my 508 in the bedroom. When I was on a list and entered a channel not on that list, it displayed that channel number for a moment, then went to that channel on the "All Subscribed," then I had to hit Select to get it. Now I'm absolutely sure that my 722k, pre-6.85, worked that way.

#34 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:50 AM

Well I just know it would be nice if my 722k with L685 would work correctly,because when you select your preferences to HD it's supposed to hide the channel's SD version,but it will not do this(as it's described in Help) so the only way to hide the SD version in My Channels is to go into Locks and Lock Out that channel number.

#35 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:04 PM

It is nice. My 722k with L685 works as advertised. Perhaps you should do a power cord reset if you haven't already.

#36 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:00 PM

It is nice. My 722k with L685 works as advertised. Perhaps you should do a power cord reset if you haven't already.

Yes I tried that also.But actually it's not that big of deal just thought I would report it as it's not doing what it says it will do under the Help button on my 722k,plus there is the fact I have to go into Locks anyways to lock out all the other channels I don't want to see when I am in My Channels in the UI.

If it works OK on your 722k then there may be a difference in hardware that's causing this,but I can report Channel Locks has worked all the time so that is one of the bright spots on my 722k.:)

#37 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:06 PM

Have you gone into Preferences, Guide Format and selected HD only?

#38 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:16 AM

Have you gone into Preferences, Guide Format and selected HD only?

Yes.

#39 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:09 AM

I too was locking out channels to prevent them from appearing in the EPG. I selected HD Only in the Guide Format and was able to clear the locks and it works fine. I can't think of anything else you might try.

#40 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:20 AM

I too was locking out channels to prevent them from appearing in the EPG. I selected HD Only in the Guide Format and was able to clear the locks and it works fine. I can't think of anything else you might try.

Well I decided to try and select my choices over again and everything works as it should.My apologizes to all it must be the meds.Where I thought there was a problem was that the SD channels are displayed both when you select and modify a Favorites List and in Channel Locks as they should be.When I select the different UI options in Preferences everything is displayed correctly.Next time I will triple check my issues.

Again My Apologizes to All,Sorry.:o:bad_nono:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...