Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Setting up two Vip622s

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ap89b

ap89b

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:12 PM

I'm looking to set up a tv to recieve the SD tuner on my VIP 622. I currently have two VIP622 recievers set up with triplexers to run a single line back into the wall. Each coax from the recievers is then set up to run into a diplexer with an output to a DPP44. Then, I have a line running from the DPP44 to my second TV that recieves the SD tuner signal from one VIP 622. However, I can only pick up the Analog signal from the one VIP 622 on that TV. The other VIP622 is on and set up to broadcast on a different channel, but the TV won't pick it up. Anyways, I need to set up a new TV to recieve the SD tuner signal from the second VIP622. I was just wondering what combination of splitters/combiners/diplexers I would need to hook up to accomplish this.

Thanks for any help!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,411 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:45 PM

The RF output from the second 622 will have to be diplexed back into the satellite cable just like the first one was, then it should show up on the remote SDTV. You may need to diplex it back out and use a splitter in reverse (combiner) to join the two cables to the remote SDTV.

I do not believe the DPP44 will pass the OTA or cable frequencies from the FR agile modulator on the 622 so the signal must be removed from that line before it goes through the switch.

Be sure the 622 #2 has the output set the same way the first one is set, i.e, if the first one is set to OTA, set the second one to OTA out, if the first one is set to cable, set the second to output cable channels , too. That might be why your TV cannot see the output from the second 622, cable channels and OTA channels are in different frequency bands.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

spam firewall