Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20 internet connections lost after last NR

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   greenwave

greenwave

Legend

• Registered
  • 213 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:54 PM

Both HR20s lost internet connectivity after the last NR; error msg 22. WHDVR network/sharing is working fine, just no internet. Router appears to be working. Have reset everything, no luck. Thoughts?
DirecTV since 2002?
Slimline DIsh
HR20-700/OTA/Networked
HR10-250

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Relativity

Relativity

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:02 PM

I have the same problem using an HR20-700 (but no WH DVR) it sometimes works, other times I'll get Error 22 or "There was a problem connecting internet blah blah" , and sometimes no errors at all, just a VOD sitting at 0%. This started since the new software update. It has become very frustrating because it will just start working again with no changes so it has been very difficult to troubleshoot. I am not using Wireless so it is not wireless bandwidth problem. Internet is working for every other device, so it is not problem with internet that I can easily tell.

Edited by Relativity, 21 June 2011 - 03:42 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 11,712 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:04 PM

How is your WHDVR network connected to your home network gateway/router for internet access?
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#4 OFFLINE   greenwave

greenwave

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:01 AM

How is your WHDVR network connected to your home network gateway/router for internet access?

DSL line directly to gateway/router, which is connected to the WHDVR power box, which is connected by coax to the 2 HRs, each of which has a DECA box. It was working fine for several months, until the last NR.
DirecTV since 2002?
Slimline DIsh
HR20-700/OTA/Networked
HR10-250

#5 OFFLINE   Relativity

Relativity

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:36 AM

DSL line directly to gateway/router, which is connected to the WHDVR power box, which is connected by coax to the 2 HRs, each of which has a DECA box. It was working fine for several months, until the last NR.

Do your downloads start and eventually fail? or do they stay at pending or at 0% in the Playlist?

#6 OFFLINE   WestDC

WestDC

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:49 AM

Both HR20s lost internet connectivity after the last NR; error msg 22. WHDVR network/sharing is working fine, just no internet. Router appears to be working. Have reset everything, no luck. Thoughts?

I suggest this,

Start over
1. Power everything Down,Modem,Router, All things on the network.

2. Power up Modem--------(means wait)---Router---------------One HDDVR till TV picture is displayed--------------------------Power up Second DVR-----------------------------------------Powerup one PC---------------------------------------(Check) to see if you can surf--then go to the first DVR and do a SYSTEM test Does it pass? or What error's are displayed?
"Let's Have Some Fun!"

#7 OFFLINE   greenwave

greenwave

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:30 AM

Do your downloads start and eventually fail? or do they stay at pending or at 0% in the Playlist?

Don't even start. No internet connectivity at all.
DirecTV since 2002?
Slimline DIsh
HR20-700/OTA/Networked
HR10-250

#8 OFFLINE   greenwave

greenwave

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:31 AM

I suggest this,

Start over
1. Power everything Down,Modem,Router, All things on the network.

2. Power up Modem--------(means wait)---Router---------------One HDDVR till TV picture is displayed--------------------------Power up Second DVR-----------------------------------------Powerup one PC---------------------------------------(Check) to see if you can surf--then go to the first DVR and do a SYSTEM test Does it pass? or What error's are displayed?

I'll try this tonight after the munchkin goes to sleep. A 2-year old and 3 flights of stairs is why I haven't tried this before! But it is a good suggestion, thank you, and I will report back tonight.
DirecTV since 2002?
Slimline DIsh
HR20-700/OTA/Networked
HR10-250

#9 OFFLINE   Relativity

Relativity

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:45 AM

Don't even start. No internet connectivity at all.

ok, but does it appear in the playlist as Pending Download or does it show 0%?
and, does your recording light turn on when you attempt to download a show?

#10 OFFLINE   greenwave

greenwave

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:56 AM

ok, but does it appear in the playlist as Pending Download or does it show 0%?
and, does your recording light turn on when you attempt to download a show?

It appears in the playlist as a pending download in the queue. No recording light, no attempt to download. It sits in the queue waiting for an internet connection.
DirecTV since 2002?
Slimline DIsh
HR20-700/OTA/Networked
HR10-250

#11 OFFLINE   WestDC

WestDC

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:00 PM

I'll try this tonight after the munchkin goes to sleep. A 2-year old and 3 flights of stairs is why I haven't tried this before! But it is a good suggestion, thank you, and I will report back tonight.

Be quiet-NO CUSSING!!! :) Good luck!
"Let's Have Some Fun!"

#12 OFFLINE   Relativity

Relativity

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

It appears in the playlist as a pending download in the queue. No recording light, no attempt to download. It sits in the queue waiting for an internet connection.

I had similar problems to what you describe. The recording light never turns on, and there is no attempt to download. Yet, internet connection was working and the DVR was successfully connected to the internet. I could not get it working again until the Guide data was flushed and re-downloaded. You could try this if you can't get it working after resetting your equipment.

1. The first thing you should do is delete any previous download attempts that are Pending or stuck in your playlist.

2. Now RESTART your receiver by using the menu option under SYSTEM SETUP, RESET, RESTART RECEIVER. Press the - to confirm restart .

3. This will take a few minutes to shut down, reboot and restart the receiver. Once you get back to video again... Repeat step 2. RESTART the receiver again using the same steps.

The double-restart is important because it causes your Cinema Channels to be downloaded again. This could take a few hours to completely populate the guide. Eventually, all the VOD channels from 1000-1999 will appear again.

You can try downloading a VOD show as soon as one appears as an option. You don't need to wait 24 hours like some others mention.

#13 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,274 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:56 PM

You can try downloading a VOD show as soon as one appears as an option. You don't need to wait 24 hours like some others mention.

People weren't saying that you have to wait 24 hours, just that it can take up to 24 hours for the Guide (and VOD) to fully populate after you flush the Guide Data (two resets within 30 minutes).

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#14 OFFLINE   Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:09 AM

Anyone having problems with the tv apps mi9ne are not working keep getting error code 301

#15 OFFLINE   Relativity

Relativity

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:54 AM

People weren't saying that you have to wait 24 hours, just that it can take up to 24 hours for the Guide (and VOD) to fully populate after you flush the Guide Data (two resets within 30 minutes).

- Merg

Sorry, my comment was a little vague. My comment was based on what I read on the official DirecTV technical forums (not from people here!) After struggling for days there, I finally found a solution by visiting dbstalk.com.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...