Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

722k, dishonline.com and Android app not listing all recordings??

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Simmeltron

Simmeltron

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:25 AM

Hello,
I have been using dishonline and the android app to remotely manage my 722k for a little while now. I have been noticing that, for some reason, not all of my recordings are showing up.

This is not normal right? I have called Dish customer service several times and they have been no help and have no idea why my recordings are not all showing up.

Has anybody else experienced this?? :confused:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Registered
  • 568 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:16 PM

I have too many to count, but the ones on my internal drive are there, and as far as I can tell my whole ext HD is there. I'm using the android app. Are you on WiFi or 3G? 3G may be too slow to load all the shows...

Hello,
I have been using dishonline and the android app to remotely manage my 722k for a little while now. I have been noticing that, for some reason, not all of my recordings are showing up.

This is not normal right? I have called Dish customer service several times and they have been no help and have no idea why my recordings are not all showing up.

Has anybody else experienced this?? :confused:

#3 OFFLINE   Simmeltron

Simmeltron

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:19 PM

I have too many to count, but the ones on my internal drive are there, and as far as I can tell my whole ext HD is there. I'm using the android app. Are you on WiFi or 3G? 3G may be too slow to load all the shows...

I only have about 28 or so recordings currently. About 3 or so are missing. The ones most recently missing were the Strikeforce MMA tournament on Showtime from last weekend. Could there be any contractual things that would prevent these from showing up so that they could be viewed via Slingbox?

Also, I have been connecting via both 3G and WiFi. Pretty sure connection speed is not the issue. It is a very distinct few that are not showing up every time no matter what I do.

Thanks.

#4 OFFLINE   sremick

sremick

AllStar

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:45 AM

DishOnline has lots of issues. Not all your recordings showing up, not all listings showing up when you do a search (when they show up just fine at Dish Remote Access), and tons of critical missing features and functionality in DRA that hasn't been duplicated in DO.

It's pretty, it's slick... and it's virtually useless.

I've complained to Dish via email and online chat... they act like they're aware. but I'm not sure they care. I worry when DRA goes away... if I can't do everything on DO I currently can on DRA, then my DVR becomes less than half as useful.

The features of DRA have become a critical part of how I use my DVR.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...