Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

I need help with recently purchased HR23-700

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   makaiguy

makaiguy

Icon

• Registered
  • 614 posts
  • LocationAiken, SC

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:59 AM

... I wonder if she is confusing an initial lease fee with the non-return fee. ...

.. or with the early termination fee.
DirecTV customer since 1997
HR24-500, HR22-100
I don't do buddy/friends lists, don't ask.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Relativity

Relativity

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:35 PM

its possible that the seller wasn't the original owner of the receiver, so no loss to her. She made $40.00 and someone else could be on the hook for non-return fees of $250.00

So you've purchased a DirecTV remote, a sata cable, a spare H23-700 power supply, and a 500GB Sata hard drive for $40.00 . That's still a good deal.

#23 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,712 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:14 PM

its possible that the seller wasn't the original owner of the receiver, so no loss to her. She made $40.00 and someone else could be on the hook for non-return fees of $250.00

So you've purchased a DirecTV remote, a sata cable, a spare H23-700 power supply, and a 500GB Sata hard drive for $40.00 . That's still a good deal.

If you'll add to that CPU, RAM, NAND flash and a lot of components, it would easy add $100 more ....

#24 OFFLINE   Relativity

Relativity

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:49 PM

If you'll add to that CPU, RAM, NAND flash and a lot of components, it would easy add $100 more ....

sure, probably would be well up there but all that stuff isn't too easy to remove from the board. The average person isn't going to be able to put to use a CPU, or flash memory from a DirecTV receiver.

#25 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,712 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:57 PM

I found those RAM chips could works for increase RAM in my Roku HD box ;).

#26 OFFLINE   Mike Greer

Mike Greer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,612 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:26 PM

I am gonna keep calling and escalating, and see if a manager can help me out, after all i am a paynig customer in great standing with there companym anyone have any pointers?

So did she give you your $40 back? How did it turn out?

spam firewall