Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

International Cricket 2012-13

• Please log in to reply
512 replies to this topic

#261 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:06 AM

How is the coverage coming out of India now on Willow, showing the Ind-NZ games?

I assume Star Cricket's coverage is similar to their job on the India away tours of England and Australia in the last year? (Which was a high-quality production job.)

Is Willow using a raw feed again, or rebroadcasting an Indian broadcast feed?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#262 OFFLINE   saisport

saisport

Godfather

• Registered
  • 325 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:17 AM

How is the coverage coming out of India now on Willow, showing the Ind-NZ games?

I assume Star Cricket's coverage is similar to their job on the India away tours of England and Australia in the last year? (Which was a high-quality production job.)

So far they are using raw feed but u never know with them.
Guys any news on world t20 on tv???!

#263 OFFLINE   bharath_das

bharath_das

Mentor

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:11 AM

So far they are using raw feed but u never know with them.
Guys any news on world t20 on tv???!

I think its only on espn3. Now espn3 has enabled air play. I tried espn3 through my iPad to apple tv to tv using air play, man the quality was better than most of the dish hd channels.

#264 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 737 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

I think its only on espn3. Now espn3 has enabled air play. I tried espn3 through my iPad to apple tv to tv using air play, man the quality was better than most of the dish hd channels.

+1

I have google tv...watched U19 worlcup on espn3. Amazing HD quality

it was better than 2011 worldcup cricket on dishhd.

#265 OFFLINE   saisport

saisport

Godfather

• Registered
  • 325 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

What if our ISP does not carry espn3

#266 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

+1

I have google tv...watched U19 worlcup on espn3. Amazing HD quality

it was better than 2011 worldcup cricket on dishhd.

I have Xbox and have seen U19 world cup and SL premeir league on ESPN. The picture quality is HD and superb. I am satisfied. It is better than any of the dish and directv SD channels.

#267 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

I see through XBox. I don't agree. It may be true that better than most of the dish network hd channels, but not better than DirecTV HD channels. DirecTV HD channels are always better than ESPN3 through internet. Is this possible that XBox is worse than iPad and apple TV or google TV?

#268 OFFLINE   saisport

saisport

Godfather

• Registered
  • 325 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

Man I wish we could get it on tv cause my ISP does not support espn3

#269 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:56 PM

Willow is doing great. Picture quality is superb. I like willow for which I can see some good cricket.
ESPN is a stupid and nonsense. They should have created a HD TV channel for Indian ESPN/Star sports program.

#270 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 737 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

Willow is doing great. Picture quality is superb. I like willow for which I can see some good cricket.
ESPN is a stupid and nonsense. They should have created a HD TV channel for Indian ESPN/Star sports program.

I prefer espn3.com to willow as its

-free for most of the people here.
-HD quality is also better

#271 OFFLINE   bharath_das

bharath_das

Mentor

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:03 AM

I prefer espn3.com to willow as its

-free for most of the people here.
-HD quality is also better

+1

#272 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:31 AM

+1

your preference is selfish. There are some unfortunate people whose internet provider does not support espn3

#273 OFFLINE   bharath_das

bharath_das

Mentor

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:55 AM

your preference is selfish. There are some unfortunate people whose internet provider does not support espn3

No. I like Willow too. I have been subscriber of willow from the day one when they launched the tv. I hate all those illegal streaming. Whether it is cricket or music I would like to pay for the content provider than looking for download links in the web. So I am happy for willow and they are doing good job. In my part I like all those cricket providers in US including Willow, ESPN3 & Ten. Only downside is watching on sd. When you compare the picture quality, ESPN is much better than other. It's almost HD. As I said earlier it is better than most of the hd channels in dish. I support ESPN because of their HD feed. Even if willow come forward for hd feed dish is struggling to provide enough bandwidth. Even they are struggling for national channels. I am big fan of soccer, now you see they launched new soccer channel bein sports only on sd, but it is hd on direct.

Edited by bharath_das, 01 September 2012 - 02:04 PM.

#274 OFFLINE   crabtrp

crabtrp

Legend

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:59 AM

No kidding.

A lot of people with satellite live in rural areas not supported by cable. Internet services are run by smaller companies who do not have agreements to have ESPN 3. I find myself in this situation. I am English and I do not get chance to watch their defence of the title. I am annoyed.

#275 OFFLINE   bharath_das

bharath_das

Mentor

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

No kidding.

A lot of people with satellite live in rural areas not supported by cable. Internet services are run by smaller companies who do not have agreements to have ESPN 3. I find myself in this situation. I am English and I do not get chance to watch their defence of the title. I am annoyed.

Yes, it is true. Luckily I am getting 30mbps from Comcast. So my streaming is awesome.

#276 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:04 PM

No kidding.

You are not alone in annoyed by not able to watch espn3 even though in some way I & you paid espn in winning that right. I also don't like illegal links but have no choice to watch these games. I will not switch provider just for espn3.

That's why I have no choice but to watch less & less cricket. Hoping that's what ICC plan is.

#277 OFFLINE   saisport

saisport

Godfather

• Registered
  • 325 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

I am same way I can't get espn3 as well somehow this decision going to turn out bad for them as this world cup will be suffering big time on TRP satellite bring more people then Internet

#278 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 513 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

No kidding.

England may not fair well in Sri Lanka, As records show their performance in Sri Lanka. Competitive in tests, fewer wins in ODIs. No records in T20I.

I can't say this better than ESPN3's Vice President Damon Phillips. "We're removing the traditional Pay-Per-View barrier and making these World class events to millions of fans."

I see no small internet provider is willing to pay to bring ESPN3. To those small internet providers stop living in the past!

#279 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

I have 50 Mbps comcast internet service. I am watching the same US open tennis live content via ESPN3 on Xbox LIVE and also on DirecTV satellite dish ESPN HD channel. The movement of the ball when watching via espn3 is not as smooth as that I watch on DirecTV.
Is this espn3 stream issue or Xbox issue?

#280 OFFLINE   saisport

saisport

Godfather

• Registered
  • 325 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

This is what I have got in reply from espn when I told them to telecast on TV or satellites

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We appreciate you taking the time to write and share your thoughts with us. We have shared your comments with the appropriate personnel for their review and consideration.

Sincerely,

Troy
ESPN Viewer Response

Protected By... spam firewall...And...