Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

International Cricket 2012-13

• Please log in to reply
512 replies to this topic

#321 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:46 AM

are you guys observing the same?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#322 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:04 PM

Although little delayed, xbox picture is better than Air play. I get 50 Mbps throughput on wi-fi link. Why can't apple tv directly support watchespn app?
Picture quality when viewing on iPAD itself is better than when it is air played to tv through apple tv.
I think the best option is to connect laptop to the tv using hdmi output. There is no delay in the content.

#323 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:10 PM

Watch ESPN apps from your iOS device or android device. But it's linked with your tv provider. I am air playing from iPad through apple tv. Quality is amazing. Today I watched EPL soccer game, the quality was really awesome. I have subscribed to Fox Soccer HD. The quality is almost similar. I am really impressed with watch ESPN apps in my iPad.

I think you are not correct. I watched ESPN via XBOX and also via iPAD with air play through the Apple TV. Nothis is similar as Fox Soccer HD channel on DirecTV or ESPN TV channel on DirecTV. So I have done all experiments regarding picture quality. Here is what I will rank
i) HD normal TV channel broadcast via Satellite
ii) via XBOX - Picture quality is best among other than direct Satellite broadcast. I connect my XBOX using wired LAN. However, I did not like XBOX because their content is delayed by a minute or so
iii) High end laptop connected to HD TV directly via HDMI port. I connect my XBOX using wired LAN.
iv) Air play from iPAD through apple TV

Note that my download speed test is 52 Mbps over direct LAN connection and as well as via Wi-FI connection.
Note that

#324 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:55 AM

I cannot connect to espn3 from neither laptop, ipad nor xbox.
Are you facing the same issue?

#325 OFFLINE   bharath_das

bharath_das

Mentor

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:03 AM

Yesterday apple released new software update for Apple TV. After update to latest version Watch ESPN app air play is not working from iPad. What a disappointment. Except ESPN rest of the air play is working fine. Now I have to wait the update from ESPN.

#326 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:35 PM

Is the new software upgrade automatic? I was able to watch today's game via air play. So I guess I should not upgrade apple tv with new software version.

#327 OFFLINE   bharath_das

bharath_das

Mentor

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

Is the new software upgrade automatic? I was able to watch today's game via air play. So I guess I should not upgrade apple tv with new software version.

No manual download. I found the solution. After upgrade ESPN air play is only working when we connect the Apple TV to wireless instead of wired connection. Before it was worked both the connection. Even now rest of the apps air play is working when we connect the Apple TV to wired connection.

#328 OFFLINE   saisport

saisport

Godfather

• Registered
  • 325 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:12 AM

Another Sh**ty news that ESPN3 will be covering Champions League T20 also so pretty much now and on no point of having three cricket channels on sat

#329 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 339 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

Another Sh**ty news that ESPN3 will be covering Champions League T20 also so pretty much now and on no point of having three cricket channels on sat

Well, only if T20 and ICC-ODI are all that interest you.

Personally, I couldn't care less about most ICC/ODI/T20 tourneys so Willow and TEN still have value IMO. (I'd say there's only two channels on sat as Neo is no longer a cricket channel and has no live games of anything!)

Of course, PPV with HD feed would be even better, but I know we've lost that battle for now.

#330 OFFLINE   crabtrp

crabtrp

Legend

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

I unsubscribed from all 3 Dish cricket channels weeks ago. India is gonna thrash England later in the year so I don't know if I would want to go back until next summer for the Ashes.

#331 OFFLINE   saisport

saisport

Godfather

• Registered
  • 325 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

As satexplorar said earlier this is just the refresh world twenty final will be repeat on espn2 in hd if somebody can't catch on espn3

#332 OFFLINE   Rocket22

Rocket22

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

WatchESPN site says the game will be on both ESPN2 and ESPN3 live (the program guide on TV has not been updated though). It will be replayed on ESPN2 4 hours later.

#333 OFFLINE   Rocket22

Rocket22

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

That's old news. Here's a list of events that will likely be on ESPN3 over the next 3 years (just so you don't get surprised or angry every few months):

- Every CLT20 event until 2015

plus

- Jun-Jul 2012: ICC U19 Cricket World Cup (Australia)
- Sep-Oct 2012: ICC World Twenty20 (Sri Lanka)
- Mar 2013: ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup (India)
- Jun 2013: ICC Champion’s Trophy (England)
- May 2013: ICC World Cup Qualifier (Scotland)
- Feb 2014: ICC World Twenty20 (South Asia)
- Feb-Mar 2014: ICC U19 Cricket world Cup (UAE)
- TBD 2014: ICC World Cricket League – Division 1 (Location TBD)
- Feb- Mar 2015: ICC Cricket World Cup (Australia/New Zealand)

http://www.mediabist...-and-icc_b87306

#334 OFFLINE   Rocket22

Rocket22

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

WatchESPN site says the game will be on both ESPN2 and ESPN3 live (the program guide on TV has not been updated though). It will be replayed on ESPN2 4 hours later.

I wonder what happened there (ESPN2 didn't show it live). Last night, I kept a screenshot of their TV schedule from WatchESPN which showed both ESPN2 and ESPN3 at 9 AM (and again at 1 PM).

http://img278.imagev...2_122_420lo.jpg

I've also filtered the schedule search result to ESPN2 only and it still showed two back-to-back telecasts.

Then, during the broadcast they've edited out the very first wicket and 5 balls (plus cut few more overs including a wicket in the middle of the first inning). That probably didn't help any curious American trying to get an understanding of the sport (they probably had no idea the numbers didn't make sense because ESPN edited out some parts of the game). I know the network tried to fit the game to a 3-hour window but surely they could have cut some of the long interviews of many players from the 35 minute long post-game show instead.

I also wish they showed the hawk-eye trajectory of one of the LBW outs which would've explained the out to those Americans. More replays of some of the notable plays in general (some didn't even have a single replay) also would have been more useful than repeatedly showing the faces of players standing around or switching field during the over break.

The unusually slow beginning of the game itself didn't help either. How often do you see a test team with a run rate of under 3.00 after 8 overs in a T20 game (I don't think I have in 5 years)? Oh well .. congratulations to the West Indies!

#335 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

I have just got my iPhone5. I tried streaming espn from iPhone through apple tv to my TV. However, I see the picture quality is not as good as if I use iPad2 intead of iPhone5. Is there any setting on iPhone5 to get better picture quality?

#336 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 513 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

Pakistan All Stars vs International All Stars taking place October 20-21 in Karachi will not be shown Worldwide. It will be shown on GEO Super in Pakistan.

#337 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:31 AM

Three tours or events are not listed so far for USA coverage. Will there any chance of them being shown in USA? I thought willow tv has the right on tour to New Zealand

- WI tour of Bangladesh
- Bangladesh Premium league
- Engaland tour of New Zealand

#338 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 339 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

Then, during the broadcast they've edited out the very first wicket and 5 balls (plus cut few more overs including a wicket in the middle of the first inning). That probably didn't help any curious American trying to get an understanding of the sport (they probably had no idea the numbers didn't make sense because ESPN edited out some parts of the game). I know the network tried to fit the game to a 3-hour window but surely they could have cut some of the long interviews of many players from the 35 minute long post-game show instead.

I also wish they showed the hawk-eye trajectory of one of the LBW outs which would've explained the out to those Americans. More replays of some of the notable plays in general (some didn't even have a single replay) also would have been more useful than repeatedly showing the faces of players standing around or switching field during the over break.

The unusually slow beginning of the game itself didn't help either. How often do you see a test team with a run rate of under 3.00 after 8 overs in a T20 game (I don't think I have in 5 years)? Oh well .. congratulations to the West Indies!

Finally got to watch the ESPN2 broadcast today.

The first 5 balls going missing was some production screw-up, as it was preceded by a 6-7 minute commercial break in which some commercials were shown 2 or 3 times. I'll forgive them on that one.

More egregious was cutting out multiple overs during the actual game - which usually resulted in cutting out a wicket as well. 4 overs in the middle of WI innings, and 2 more at the end, then 2 overs in the SL innings. I had trouble keeping up with what was going on. I couldn't believe it when I saw SL batsmen walking out to start their inning... "I thought WI had 2 overs left - was I so distracted I missed those.... rewind DVR .... oh - no - I didn't miss anything"

Other annoying feature was, of course, the dreaded ESPN sports ticker at the bottom of the screen. In this day and age of internet, wifi, apps on your phone, twitter updates from your favorite team, why the stupid ticker even still exists is beyond me. But nonetheless, it was there. Wonder what it was covering?

Aside from that, I thought, given their 3-hour constraint, ESPN didn't do too bad a job. It was nice to not have a commercial break shoved in after each over. I can't blame ESPN for lack of replays or LBW graphics - they were clearly using the ICC/Star default world feed. As such, it was for born cricket fans, not a conversion session for Americans. (Besides, it was programmed against the Sunday afternoon NFL coverage - I can't imagine Americans with no cricket heritage were turning off their NFL team to see what ESPN2 was showing at that time... And - would any of us cricket fans wanted to listen to some clueless dude trying to explain what was going on to those who had never seen cricket before?? :-) )

Not sure what to make of it in the end - are we grateful that a regular ESPN TV channel showed any cricket at all, or upset that it was sliced and diced to fit a pre-determined timeslot? If its a foretaste of things to come, then we could let them know what they did wrong - but will this happen more regularly? Its hard to imagine.

#339 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 513 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:25 AM

Three tours or events are not listed so far for USA
coverage. Will there any chance of them being shown in USA? I thought willow tv has the right on tour to New Zealand

- WI tour of Bangladesh
- Bangladesh Premium league
- Engaland tour of New Zealand

Posted Image

A International series in Bangladesh during 2004-2008 is $49.99 on Willow TV and when ESPN3 online picked up those rights in 2009-2011, they showed it for free. I notice that the BCB was asking for $7,500.00. A huge amount that I doubt anyone in America wants to show any International series here. NEO Prime can't have the rights. The two ESPN Star Sports and TEN Cricket didn't bother to get the rights for the Subcontinent.

First off, the situation in Bangladesh Cricket is in a downturn. Due in part of the new BPL and financial situation Bangladesh Cricket is now facing. Nobody saw the BPL here in America. Financial mess started when the BPL took place in February 2012. The news that a BPL player was not paid, a BPL sponsor didn't get the money in full, sponsors pulling out in the last minute. An official didn't get the Taka in writing. etc. BPL first asked for a huge ticket price. Anyone there didn't want to pay for the lowest price 3500 Taka (almost equivalent to what Willow TV use to offer international series in Bangladesh) There were empty seats. With empty seats you get lost revenue. It was packed when the ticket prices decrease, overwhelmingly on the demand of the Bangladesh Cricket fans.

New Zealand Cricket did sign a new contract with SKY Sport that ends on 31 March 2014. They have yet to announce Global broadcasters.

#340 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

Posted Image

A International series in Bangladesh during 2004-2008 is $49.99 on Willow TV and when ESPN3 online picked up those rights in 2009-2011, they showed it for free. I notice that the BCB was asking for $7,500.00. A huge amount that I doubt anyone in America wants to show any International series here. NEO Prime can't have the rights. The two ESPN Star Sports and TEN Cricket didn't bother to get the rights for the Subcontinent.

First off, the situation in Bangladesh Cricket is in a downturn. Due in part of the new BPL and financial situation Bangladesh Cricket is now facing. Nobody saw the BPL here in America. Financial mess started when the BPL took place in February 2012. The news that a BPL player was not paid, a BPL sponsor didn't get the money in full, sponsors pulling out in the last minute. An official didn't get the Taka in writing. etc. BPL first asked for a huge ticket price. Anyone there didn't want to pay for the lowest price 3500 Taka (almost equivalent to what Willow TV use to offer international series in Bangladesh) There were empty seats. With empty seats you get lost revenue. It was packed when the ticket prices decrease, overwhelmingly on the demand of the Bangladesh Cricket fans.

New Zealand Cricket did sign a new contract with SKY Sport that ends on 31 March 2014. They have yet to announce Global broadcasters.

There are lot of Bangladeshi living in USA. Cricket is the only sports Bangladesh can play. So I don't understand why their cricket will not be shown for USA Bangladeshis. Dish network airs a lot of Bangladeshi channel. One of them can show cricket from Bangladesh.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...