Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

International Cricket 2012-13

• Please log in to reply
512 replies to this topic

#426 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 655 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

Got Comcast internet today giving me 25 Mbps. (ESPN3 in the WatchEspn App on the iPad is now working - thanks for that tip!)

Having a few issues with youtube tonight on the India-England test. On the iPad, it kept refusing to play after a minute or two. "Trouble licensing video", etc. It played from m.willow.tv OK on the iPad, but this was lower picture quality than youtube. Now running from m.youtube.com on my iPod - this is working better than the iPad.

No idea what the actual video resolution is. On m.youtube.com on the iPad, it told me simply that the resolution was "auto", where it usually pops up choices of 720p/480i/320p etc. If there's a way to find this out it from the other sites or on the iPod, I don't know it. Seems slightly fuzzier than I recall from the Aus-RSA tests, but fine if 10 feet or more back from the TV. Maybe its 480i.

I was trying to watch from m.youtube.com/willow the Sri-Aus game. But after few minutes it comes back with no licensing for this video. I can watch from m.willow.tv, but picture quality not good

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#427 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 359 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

Really wish my streaming feed of Aus-SL test from Willow or youtube.com/willow would stop turning into Ind-Eng feed. Its getting quite annoying. If I wanted Ind-Eng, I press that button on your website offering "multiple feeds"

#428 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 359 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

I was trying to watch from m.youtube.com/willow the Sri-Aus game. But after few minutes it comes back with no licensing for this video. I can watch from m.willow.tv, but picture quality not good

Yes - I've had this problem with videos from youtube on an iPad also.

And, yes, picture from m.willow.tv looks bad when put on a real TV.

Using my iPod touch has been much more successful. You could try the iPhone instead of the iPad and see what happens. I generally use m.youtube.com/willow on the iPod touch, but its been having issues tonight so I'm back on m.willow.tv right now, with a fuzzier picture.

Agghhh......... I really wish watching cricket was not a technology project.

#429 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:44 AM

50+ is just tooo much for HD. Apparently it's a move to force actual cricket lovers to pay through their noses specially those games are not prime time in USA. I guess dish loves account stakkers & have priced this for them rather for the real ones.

No buy for me. Anyway last time they did the HD ppv if was blocked for subs in PR.

#430 OFFLINE   crabtrp

crabtrp

Legend

• Registered
  • 271 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

It is frustrating that we pay a fair amount for coverage from these cricket boards then they get us to pay extra for the prime games. Oh well.

#431 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 655 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

The willow web site says that watch Ind-Pak match free upon your first xoom money transfer of $150 or more

#432 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 359 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

The willow web site says that watch Ind-Pak match free upon your first xoom money transfer of $150 or more

They did that for the 2011 World Cup also - its a way to get people in to the online-streaming service. A month of free access or so, and then subscribe if you like it. Its only for online streaming - you wont get Ind-Pak in HD on DISH or DirecTV if you transfer some money.

However, everything else at Willow's website still implies - to me at least - that if you are paying the $15 per month for online streaming service, the Ind-Pak games will be available to you (online streaming only, of course!)

#433 OFFLINE   negma

negma

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

I just tried XOOM and got instant access from Willow..was able to watch on Roku right away. XOOM says Willow service till 5/31/13, I did not provide any CC for Willow login and my subscription page in Willow does not talk about expiration date of my service. I know people had hard time contacting Willow for answer. Anyone tried this in past? Share some thoughts on how it worked?

#434 OFFLINE   saisport

saisport

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Is anybody experiencing big black bar on bottom of the screen while watching ten cricket

#435 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 655 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

Is anybody experiencing big black bar on bottom of the screen while watching ten cricket

yes, whom should we call to fix this?

#436 OFFLINE   saisport

saisport

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:16 AM

Is anybody experiencing audio pause on 1st t20 hd telecast

#437 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 546 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

Is anybody experiencing audio pause on 1st t20 hd telecast

ROFL you bought the package? Here's your Christmas gift no Tendulkar included.

#438 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 655 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

I did watch free on you tube online normal subsccription...not bad. I did not buy hd ppv

#439 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 655 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

yes, whom should we call to fix this?

did any one call dish or ten cricket for the bottom wide black bar?

#440 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 655 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

I did watch free on you tube online normal subsccription...not bad. I did not buy hd ppv

SatExplorer,
Please mention that Willow tv online in USA for Ind/Pak series

#441 OFFLINE   saisport

saisport

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

ROFL you bought the package? Here's your Christmas gift no Tendulkar included.

Unfortunately yes could not control

#442 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 655 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

SO HOW COULD WE TALK TO DISH/TEN CRICKET to resolve a big black bar on the bottom. It is annoying. Soon live cricket will be on this channel. We are paying dollars for this. Lets ask to fix it.

#443 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 655 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:02 AM

SO HOW COULD WE TALK TO DISH/TEN CRICKET to resolve a big black bar on the bottom. It is annoying. Soon live cricket will be on this channel. We are paying dollars for this. Lets ask to fix it.

I got rid of black bar to some extent by applying zoom on the picture, but losing some part of the picture

#444 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 655 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

I got rid of black bar to some extent by applying zoom on the picture, but losing some part of the picture

Is anyone trying to find out by calling ten cricket?

#445 OFFLINE   saisport

saisport

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

Call dish instead or leave a comments on their south Asian Facebook page

#446 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 655 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

Is anyone trying to find out by calling ten cricket?

I noticed there is no black bar at the bottom, when dish network advertisement is shown on this channel. The problem is Ten cricket transmission mode

#447 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 359 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

Willow are really pissing me off again with their reliance on Star Cricket broadcasts in India for coverage of matches from Australia.

While things have come a *long* way from their truly terrible offering 2 years ago, the lack of any pre/post-game coverage is getting on my nerves. The 30 min pre-game from Ch9 used to be highly enjoyable and informative - even for a life-long cricket fan. Maybe post-game coverage after the end of most days of a test-match is not always that special, but when a test match finishes in the middle session on the third day, it would be nice to see the post-match presentations, instead of having to go to the cricinfo website to read who was voted man of the match. Given the reverence with which post-match presentations seem to be held in India (with almost as many presenting dignitaries on the stage as players) I'd have thought this might be a key piece in Star's coverage for their Indian audience!! :-)

Whilst India-England T20 highlights were shown (for presumably the 5th or 6th time) I took a quick look at the Willow full-replays of a couple of the recent South Africa-NZ T20s. Sure enough, what appears to be raw-feed from South Africa, with pre and post-match coverage, and possibly only Willow's own inserted commercials during the game, but none from the source.

I know Star doesn't show matches from South Africa in India, so Willow has to go get a raw feed in this case. Are they just lazy the rest of the time, or is this an indication of the shoe-string nature of their operation??

#448 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 655 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

It looks like TEN Cricket has fixed the issue.

#449 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 546 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

R.I.P. to the two of the most memorable commentators, Ranil Abeynaike and Tony Greig. They'll be missed!

#450 OFFLINE   crabtrp

crabtrp

Legend

• Registered
  • 271 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

R.I.P. to the two of the most memorable commentators, Ranil Abeynaike and Tony Greig. They'll be missed!

And now CMJ. :nono:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...