Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

International Cricket 2012-13

• Please log in to reply
512 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:21 AM

I got a reply from willow,

"Thank you for writing in. We are making our best efforts to acquire rights for all International events. Once we get the rights, we will update it on our website. Please keep visiting our website for the latest update."

I thought they had Aus, RSA and possibly Eng rights for 4 years when they took them from DirecTV in 2010. SatExplorer probably knows this.....

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

I thought they had Aus, RSA and possibly Eng rights for 4 years when they took them from DirecTV in 2010. SatExplorer probably knows this.....

What about NewZealand?

#23 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

I think the issue is not the right. The issue is Willow cricket may go out of business.

#24 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 513 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

I got a reply from willow,

"Thank you for writing in. We are making our best efforts to acquire rights for all International events. Once we get the rights, we will update it on our website. Please keep visiting our website for the latest update."

Here's what it suppose to have read,

"Thank you for writing in! We are wining and dining with our Representatives in U.S. and Indian Congress to get tough with piracy. If we ever made it to the next phase, willful and egregious violators will see our legal action. If we find people turning off the TV or not going to our website. You will pay! We have your subscription ID, computer hardware numbers and we know your ISP. When we find that our subscribers leave, We will bring our A team. We will hire our best legal team in the Bay Area to get our money back. If you the subscribers fail to comply, we will bring our B team waiting in Bangalore, they will teach you a lesson!"

"We do not have the rights to the ICC Tournaments, IPL and BPL. Even the rug was pulled before the time we had to bid. We at Willow Cricket are displeased with the way ESPN got the ICC tournament rights. BCCI also robbed us in broadcasting the IPL. Lalit Modi was our friend, our favorite business partner. Our front man to getting the rights to you. But unfortunately Lalit didn't want your continued support. BCCI failed us again. Bangladesh Cricket Board didn't want our bid to BPL or Bangladesh cricket, so we left Dhaka empty handed. They didn't want our business. Through days and nights, we come across road blocks. England Cricket Board wants to know what we done to curb piracy. Chairman Giles Clarke is one tough negotiator. Giles doesn't want our money. We can wait for another four years. In a starling development. TEN Cricket has accused us of violating broadcast standards to South Africa Cricket. We at Willow Cricket are discouraged from all of these allegations. We vow to get the Cricket rights back with our legal action!"

"With our last minute efforts we will see these things to their very end. We appreciate your business. Thank you and come again!"

#25 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

"Thank you for writing in! We are wining and dining with our Representatives in U.S. and Indian Congress to get tough with piracy. If we ever made it to the next phase, willful and egregious violators will see our legal action. If we find people turning off the TV or not going to our website. You will pay! We have your subscription ID, computer hardware numbers and we know your ISP. When we find that our subscribers leave, We will bring our A team. We will hire our best legal team in the Bay Area to get our money back. If you the subscribers fail to comply, we will bring our B team waiting in Bangalore, they will teach you a lesson!"

"We do not have the rights to the ICC Tournaments, IPL and BPL. Even the rug was pulled before the time we had to bid. We at Willow Cricket are displeased with the way ESPN got the ICC tournament rights. BCCI also robbed us in broadcasting the IPL. Lalit Modi was our friend, our favorite business partner. Our front man to getting the rights to you. But unfortunately Lalit didn't want your continued support. BCCI failed us again. Bangladesh Cricket Board didn't want our bid to BPL or Bangladesh cricket, so we left Dhaka empty handed. They didn't want our business. Through days and nights, we come across road blocks. England Cricket Board wants to know what we done to curb piracy. Chairman Giles Clarke is one tough negotiator. Giles doesn't want our money. We can wait for another four years. In a starling development. TEN Cricket has accused us of violating broadcast standards to South Africa Cricket. We at Willow Cricket are discouraged from all of these allegations. We vow to get the Cricket rights back with our legal action!"

"With our last minute efforts we will see these things to their very end. We appreciate your business. Thank you and come again!"

didn't understand all of these you wrote. My question is are we going to be able to watch cricket in USA from Eng, RSA, AUS and NZ this year like the last year? It does not matter who will show. What is your thought about that.

#26 OFFLINE   bharath_das

bharath_das

Mentor

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:45 PM

Good one!!! Enjoyed it!!!

#27 OFFLINE   saisport

saisport

Godfather

• Registered
  • 325 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:31 AM

Finally its confirm that Asia Cup 2012 will be telecast on Neo Cricket (Schedule) and internet streaming will be on Willow.TV

#28 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:08 PM

I think the issue is not the right. The issue is Willow cricket may go out of business.

Exactly. As best we can tell, they already have the rights to these matches.

If they're teetering on going out of business, I'm surprised they haven't listed the matches, with a new 6-month sign-up offer to try and get as much cash in as possible before they close up (like the extortion letters to subscribers 2 months ago!)

I'm guessing it shows they don't even have the resources to update the website!

#29 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

Exactly. As best we can tell, they already have the rights to these matches.

If they're teetering on going out of business, I'm surprised they haven't listed the matches, with a new 6-month sign-up offer to try and get as much cash in as possible before they close up (like the extortion letters to subscribers 2 months ago!)

I'm guessing it shows they don't even have the resources to update the website!

So when can you know if we will be able to watch cricket from Eng, Aus, RSA and NZ? I am asking many times because I am more interested to watch test matched from these countries than ICC tournaments. Please share with me if someone has any info. I will be severely disappointed if I can not see those matches.

#30 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:52 PM

So when can you know if we will be able to watch cricket from Eng, Aus, RSA and NZ? I am asking many times because I am more interested to watch test matched from these countries than ICC tournaments. Please share with me if someone has any info. I will be severely disappointed if I can not see those matches.

I don't think anyone has any info. We'll probably find out the day the first test of the northern summer in England begins in late May.

#31 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:14 AM

I don't think anyone has any info. We'll probably find out the day the first test of the northern summer in England begins in late May.

I send the willow again about my concern. They again replied as

Thank you for writing in. Sir, we completely understand your concern. We will update the schedule only after acquiring the broadcast rights.

#32 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:59 AM

How is the Asia Cup coverage looking on Neo? Does anyone still have that channel?

#33 OFFLINE   bharath_das

bharath_das

Mentor

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:18 AM

How is the Asia Cup coverage looking on Neo? Does anyone still have that channel?

I watched yesterday. It was fine.. And also showing world series hockey..

#34 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:22 AM

I have also watched, it looks cool. If neo can get rights from eng, aus, rsa and nz that will be cool.
So do anyone know if willow will continue business otherwise we need to lobby for star cricket from india.

#35 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

I have also watched, it looks cool. If neo can get rights from eng, aus, rsa and nz that will be cool.
So do anyone know if willow will continue business otherwise we need to lobby for star cricket from india.

Neo has Indian broadcast rights to matches from NZ - or at least, for the current series NZ v RSA. It was listed on their Indian schedules. (Presumably this is why Willow is showing such a clean, unadulterated raw feed from NZ!)

TEN has Indian broadcast rights for matches from RSA. I thought I read further up this thread that Star had retained Indian rights to matches played in Australia for another 5 years.

Willow has just listed the upcoming WI v Aus and SL v Eng series as available for online streaming (to Canada only - presumably TEN holds the online rights for those in the US along with TV rights) So that means Willow is at least promising something for some customers thru the end of April.

#36 OFFLINE   saisport

saisport

Godfather

• Registered
  • 325 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

Posted Image
here is what popping up when u visit BCCI.TV

#37 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:25 PM

Neo has Indian broadcast rights to matches from NZ - or at least, for the current series NZ v RSA. It was listed on their Indian schedules. (Presumably this is why Willow is showing such a clean, unadulterated raw feed from NZ!)

TEN has Indian broadcast rights for matches from RSA. I thought I read further up this thread that Star had retained Indian rights to matches played in Australia for another 5 years.

Willow has just listed the upcoming WI v Aus and SL v Eng series as available for online streaming (to Canada only - presumably TEN holds the online rights for those in the US along with TV rights) So that means Willow is at least promising something for some customers thru the end of April.

So if Willow loses rights or go out of business then Neo Cricket can show tours from NZ and Ten Cricket tour from RSA? But then we will show tours from Eng and Aus?

#38 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 513 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:47 AM

UPDATE: More cricket on the internet as some matches of the ICC World Twenty20 qualifiers are streamed on a European website Quipu website quipu dot tv. Like Willow Cricket gets away with the word official. I just got this information from actual sources.

#39 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:43 AM

UPDATE: More cricket on the internet as some matches of the ICC World Twenty20 qualifiers are streamed on a European website Quipu website quipu dot tv. Like Willow Cricket gets away with the word official. I just got this information from actual sources.

I don't understand what is the value of this. Espn3 will also be showing. I don't like internet stream. I like to see on TV with a good picture.

#40 OFFLINE   saisport

saisport

Godfather

• Registered
  • 325 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

Great news willow is not giving up yet
The only T20I between south africa and India are going to be on willow.

spam firewall