Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

International Cricket 2012-13

• Please log in to reply
512 replies to this topic

#501 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

who has the rights to the IPL?

2013 IPL is covered in the new thread here:
http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=212591

According to that page, its a combination of PPV on DISH network and Neo cricket channel - although there's been rumors that Neo Cricket US is slowly turning into Willow2.

The Willow website claims Willow have the rights, and presumably will show it on the online service and their Willow Cricket channel.

As usual, confusion abounds until the day the first game is played.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#502 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

How is the India-Australia test looking to those who have Willow Cricket channel? (or Neo/Willow2)

Online streaming feed has been very quality the first four nights. Clear HD widescreen picture, although its slightly smaller than my HDTV for some reason. That could be my connector or the streaming device I guess (m.youtube.com on ipod touch and Apple 30pin-HDMI connector).

Really nice to have numerous breaks between overs without commercials, and to have great pre-game and lunch-break analysis and highlights. Such a change from the matches played in Australia.

Of course, numerous replays are still not working on the ipod/iPad from the youtube site.

#503 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

How is the India-Australia test looking to those who have Willow Cricket channel? (or Neo/Willow2)

Online streaming feed has been very high quality the first four nights. Really nice to have numerous breaks between overs without commercials, and to have great pre-game and lunch-break analysis and highlights. Such a change from the matches played in Australia.

Can't believe I'm the only one who's been watching. I thought all you Indian guys would be lapping this up, but maybe everyone is just hanging out for the IPL? Not my thing, I'm afraid.

I think I would go out on a limb and say this coverage is possibly the best we've had since the demise of Cricket Ticket on DirecTV. Picture quality was great throughout (even over streaming), and there was not a single intrusion to play that I saw from the source - either a commercial break or advertising crawl on the screen. More than half the breaks between overs were not even interrupted by commercials by Willow, often the breaks between overs had the commentators continuing with analysis and replays and not switching their mikes off. Pre-match and lunch break coverage was seamless with the live action. Very enjoyable (unlike Australia's performance on the field!)

Maybe HD-ppv coverage of events in recent years has matched this quality, but I haven't shelled out for those. Looking forward to the last two tests before the now-customary test-match hiatus.

#504 OFFLINE   gireeshbhat

gireeshbhat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

It is a crapshoot as to what feed Willow gets for each day of a match. It does seem like that they have got a strange mix of Star Cricket (the pre-game show and all) along with uninterrupted live streaming only interspersed a few times with the Xoom and State Farm ads. I still miss the glory PPV days of Directv where there were NO ads....there is only so much Xoom, State Farm and Metlife ads you can suffer in a day.

#505 OFFLINE   negma

negma

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

Just wanted to add my experience too...I connect via ROKU Willow App and quality was not that good at all..last week I finished setting up my HTPC and connected via HDMI on to my 60" plasma using YouTube Willow account..voila..I was getting crystal clear 720P pictures. I have to agree with some of you, this is the best we have seen in long time for a non-PPV coverage. Roku goes to bedroom TV now and HTPC is here to stay for remaining matches and hopefully we will get same quality for IPL and beyond.

#506 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

Just wanted to add my experience too...I connect via ROKU Willow App and quality was not that good at all..last week I finished setting up my HTPC and connected via HDMI on to my 60" plasma using YouTube Willow account..voila..I was getting crystal clear 720P pictures. I have to agree with some of you, this is the best we have seen in long time for a non-PPV coverage. Roku goes to bedroom TV now and HTPC is here to stay for remaining matches and hopefully we will get same quality for IPL and beyond.

Yes, streaming the picture live through YouTube seems to be the key. Using m.willow.tv from the iPad or iPod is also low quality (I figure this is the same source as Willow apps on Roku, Samsung, etc) - but from youtube its very clear.

I agree that no ads at all (like in Cricket ticket days) would be best, but I think this is best we've seen since those days. Maybe Willow will find a direct feed from England and Australia later in the year for the 2 Ashes series? :-)

#507 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

it's bad that no one is showing Eng-NZ series going on now in USA. Is there any way it can be seen in USA?

#508 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 513 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:44 AM

it's bad that no one is showing Eng-NZ series going on now in USA. Is there any way it can be seen in USA?

Not that bad! I ran into an article in the New York Times. New Zealand is struggling and the four giants of cricket (England, India Australia & South Africa) don't want to tour or play against them. Find out why? http://www.nytimes.c...ket31.html?_r=0

#509 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

That's not exactly what the article said. Rather, it quoted an ex-NZ player saying that if NZ continued to perform so poorly, the big 4 might want to stop playing against them. Nonetheless, best cricket article I've ever seen out of the New York Times!

As it is, NZ already seems to play Pakistan, West Indies, Sri Lanka and England an awful lot (just from my casual observation)

#510 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

Not that bad! I ran into an article in the New York Times. New Zealand is struggling and the four giants of cricket (England, India Australia & South Africa) don't want to tour or play against them. Find out why? http://www.nytimes.c...ket31.html?_r=0

I don't agree with this article as far as recent NZ performance concerned. You can see that England is struggling now against NZ in the current tour.

#511 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:27 AM

does anyone know how can I watch the following channels in USA?
- Sony SIX
- Ten Action +
- Bengali channel 10 news

#512 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 513 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

This thread ends! You may continue the discussion at International Cricket 2013-14 thread.

#513 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

This thread ends! You may continue the discussion at International Cricket 2013-14 thread.

So what you're saying is I should not be checking this post for peoples comments, oh darn I guess I'm living in the past 2012 and not now 2013. Well unless someone else posts this will be MY last post to this thread.

Sorry had to do it.
Hr34-700 living room
C31-700 bedroom
H23-600 family room

spam firewall