Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

International Cricket 2012-13

• Please log in to reply
512 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

They said you need to subscribe American HD package to receive channel 476

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   Pagali

Pagali

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

I AM subscribed to the HD IPL package, and I'm in California. I've power cycled the HD receiver twice already... no channel 476.

Who is "they", btw?

#103 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

Dish technical support told me that.
Also is the opening ceremony has finished. I wa watching opening ceremony now, and suddenly stopped.

#104 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

So I changed my subscription from HD to SD. You are not going to get HD unless you subscribe american HD package.

#105 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

So I changed my subscription from HD to SD. You are not going to get HD unless you subscribe american HD package.

This is stupid and bull****.

#106 OFFLINE   Pagali

Pagali

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

I don't understand what you mean by 'american HD package'. I have Dish America, which is HD, plus the Platinum HD package. Do you mean something like America's Top 200?

#107 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

I don't understand what you mean by 'american HD package'. I have Dish America, which is HD, plus the Platinum HD package. Do you mean something like America's Top 200?

Then you should get the channel 476. I don't know what package, but the cost is $44.99 per month HD package of american channels.

#108 OFFLINE   Pagali

Pagali

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

^Ah well... I'll call them tomorrow morning while the first game is on. Only way to make sure it actually works I guess.

#109 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

The opening ceremony should run till 9.30 ET. But suddenly it stopped around 8.15 PM. Did this happen to you guys or are you still watching opening ceremony is SD?

#110 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

^Ah well... I'll call them tomorrow morning while the first game is on. Only way to make sure it actually works I guess.

Since you are not also getting 476 channel, then they gave me the wrong information. Maybe I will get 476 channel tomorrow. Can I upgrade to HD tomorrow?

#111 OFFLINE   Pagali

Pagali

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

The opening ceremony should run till 9.30 ET. But suddenly it stopped around 8.15 PM. Did this happen to you guys or are you still watching opening ceremony is SD?

I turned it off. Can't stand Salman Khan. :(

#112 OFFLINE   gireeshbhat

gireeshbhat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

To add to the confusion here is the official IPL newsbite for broadcaster partners http://www.iplt20.co...or-dlf-ipl-2012 . It states both NEO and Echostar are the broadcasters for IPL in the USA.

#113 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

To add to the confusion here is the official IPL newsbite for broadcaster partners http://www.iplt20.co...or-dlf-ipl-2012 . It states both NEO and Echostar are the broadcasters for IPL in the USA.

I don't know what is the new information you are giving. Everybody knows Neo Cricket and Dish PPV are broadcasting IPL in USA where Neo Cricket will not broadcast all games. The confusion is about the HD subscription from the Dish and channel 476 missing.

#114 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

Following thru on the IPL saga, I just noticed that ATN in Canada appears to have severed their connection with Neo Cricket as of March 29. The ATN-Neo channel has been re-branded ATN-Cricket, and according to schedules, has reverted to nothing but repeat airings of ODI and T20 international matches, instead of the non-stop cricket-centric/filler programming that Neo was providing them. Rogers took the IPL rights in Canada last year so ATN couldn't show that, and with NEO having lost the BCCI rights - ATN obviously wondered what they were getting for their money!

No doubt IPL will keep NEO alive in the US for another 6 weeks, but then what?

Thank goodness WI v Aust test matches are on TEN for the next 3 weeks! :-)

#115 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

I don't know what is the new information you are giving. Everybody knows Neo Cricket and Dish PPV are broadcasting IPL in USA where Neo Cricket will not broadcast all games. The confusion is about the HD subscription from the Dish and channel 476 missing.

The list at http://www.iplt20.co...or-dlf-ipl-2012 doesn't mention Willow for the US!

#116 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

Great News guys "Star" grabbed the rights from BCCI
Click Here

Congrats to Star/ESPN-StarSports. BCCi rights for 2012-2018.

At least ... until 2014 when BCCI claims payments didn't arrive in time, and they void the contract and seek a new one for even more money!

Hopefully Willow or whomever picks that up in the US will get the raw feed, and not relay the broadcasts shown in India, with so much advertizing its hard to see the cricket! (I note the CEO of ESS said on cricinfo "viewer experience will not be compromised" - which means it most likely will be!)

#117 OFFLINE   bharath_das

bharath_das

Mentor

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

I turned it off. Can't stand Salman Khan. :(

Me too.. Real crap..

#118 OFFLINE   bharath_das

bharath_das

Mentor

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:49 PM

I am a subscriber of American top 120+ HD package, so I am getting IPL in HD.

#119 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:24 AM

Thats a lie. You dont need to sub to HD American package to get PPV in HD. Thats was Dish is selling this IPL...basically as PPV in HD. They uplinked this channel 476 specifically for this IPL only (dont know if they will re-use this in future).

Did you try contacting one of the DIRT member on Dish form & see if they can resolve your issue

#120 OFFLINE   Pagali

Pagali

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

OK.. I guess there's a game on this morning, but I wouldn't know for sure, because 476 still isn't showing up on my receiver, plus ch 458 (the SD feed) just keeps telling me I have to purchase the PPV (although I already did, of course.)

I've got customer service on the phone, trying to figure out what's wrong on both counts, HD and SD! Way to go, Dish!

Are other folks seeing the game?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...