Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

International Cricket 2012-13

• Please log in to reply
512 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   tellhigh

tellhigh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:14 AM

I just orderd IPL Hd and i am not seeing the channel too. I am going to try and reboot my receiver.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#122 OFFLINE   Pagali

Pagali

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:20 AM

I'm on with advanced tech support now, trying to get 476 to show up. SD on 458 is working.

OK... he finally gave up, was about to file a report on 476, but got an update that other folks are having IPL HD PPV authorization problems. So it seems they're working on it. Said to keep checking it, call back in a couple of days if it doesn't show up.

BTW... He said ch 476 should be on the 129 satellite... which I have.

Edited by Pagali, 04 April 2012 - 09:32 AM.

#123 OFFLINE   glamanks

glamanks

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

One thing you guys can try is to do "Check Switch" again by going to system info's point dish section. You shouldn't have to do this though as the receiver should pick up that channel on power cycling or automatically. Their tech support should help.

You don't need american packages for this. All you need is HD receiver and HD option added to your account (supposed to be free for life).

#124 OFFLINE   Pagali

Pagali

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:37 AM

^Yeah, he had me do the check switch test... Didn't help. See my update, just above your post.

#125 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

Channel 476 is on sat 118. I can see it in my guide but couldn't subscribe to it because it not available for PR or VI

#126 OFFLINE   tellhigh

tellhigh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

Nothing worked. Currently chatting with the CSR.

#127 OFFLINE   tellhigh

tellhigh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

The initial rep was giving me crap that i dont have 129 sat, then i had to tell him i have Super dish. They transfered me to advance CSR,

"The engineers are aware of the issue and are working on getting it resolve now, I apologize for the inconvenience."

#128 OFFLINE   Pagali

Pagali

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

The initial rep was giving me crap that i dont have 129 sat, then i had to tell him i have Super dish. They transfered me to advance CSR,

"The engineers are aware of the issue and are working on getting it resolve now, I apologize for the inconvenience."

Yes, that's what I was told by advanced tech support also, as I said in post #122, above. :)

#129 OFFLINE   prabs24

prabs24

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

It worked for me. I tuned in at 6PM CDT as the TV Guide said for the repeat of the opening ceremony. But they showed only the last 30 minutes of the ceremony. But it was in HD. I think I got lucky with 476 then!

#130 OFFLINE   tellhigh

tellhigh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

Well for now it is going to be on Neo.

#131 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

Everybody who receives signal from TP32 on Sat 118 should be able to see channel 476 in their guide now. Please verify and check if you guys can watch the IPL in HD on 476.

#132 OFFLINE   Pagali

Pagali

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

Everybody who receives signal from TP32 on Sat 118 should be able to see channel 476 in their guide now. Please verify and check if you guys can watch the IPL in HD on 476.

476 is now showing up in my guide, but it doesn't show I've paid for it. If I try to select it, it tells me I need to subscribe.

[formerly Mary H]

#133 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

Ultimately I got channel 476 and subscribed HD package. I am watching now the replay on HD. Note that I don't subscribe any american HD package. I have only Hindi mega pack.

#134 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:21 AM

Ultimately I got channel 476 and subscribed HD package. I am watching now the replay on HD. Note that I don't subscribe any american HD package. I have only Hindi mega pack.

Congrats man. Enjoy ipl & watch kkr lift the ipl trophy this year in HD.

As I mentioned before....you or anybody else don't need to sub to any specific pack for ordering HD ppv from dish.

#135 OFFLINE   Pagali

Pagali

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

Today's game is delayed because of rain, already 2 hours late. Just curious... since there only seems to be one SD PPV channel and one HD, what are they going to do on the days when there are 2 games right after one another? (one at 4 PM IST, one at 8 PM IST)

This one could very easily end more than 4 hours from the scheduled starting time...

ETA: They just announced the game will start at 10:30 IST, and each team will play 12 overs.

Edited by Pagali, 05 April 2012 - 10:50 AM.

#136 OFFLINE   gireeshbhat

gireeshbhat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

Watching the IPL in HD on PPV without any ads (in between overs or on half the screen during overs) is worth every penny of $59.99

If I watch that State Farm desi ad once more I am surely going to puke.:lol:

#137 OFFLINE   dilchahtahai

dilchahtahai

Legend

• Registered
  • 179 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

Only one issue though. I have 2 receiver and 2 different TV SET and I can watch IPL PPV only in 1 receiver. Dish Network has stupid contract that ppv event can be only transmitted to 1 receiver. What an idiotic thing. Person cant watch PPV in 2 room? WTF.

#138 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

I have asked willow tv about future series broadcast. They replied,
Dear Customer,

We regret for the delayed reply. We are now very pleased to inform you that Willow will broadcast all 76 matches of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2012 season.

We are working working on acquiring the broadcast rights for future series. Kindly keep visiting Willow Tv for the latest updates.

#139 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 343 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

Only one issue though. I have 2 receiver and 2 different TV SET and I can watch IPL PPV only in 1 receiver. Dish Network has stupid contract that ppv event can be only transmitted to 1 receiver. What an idiotic thing. Person cant watch PPV in 2 room? WTF.

Take the standard-def output connection from your receiver #1, put it into an RF modulator, and feed it thru the house cable-TV wiring so then you can see the picture from your receiver #1 in any other room where you have a TV and cable-TV outlet on the wall. It will only be in SD, but its better than nothing - indeed, if your TV2 is a SD TV, its better this way. The Dish receivers generally have UHF remotes, so you can control receiver #1 from the other rooms while watching receiver #1.

#140 OFFLINE   Pagali

Pagali

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:45 AM

I really don't understand how Dish thinks they can do a decent job of presenting the IPL tournament with only one HD channel. Twice now, that I know of, the early game has been delayed, once from rain and one from an electrical fire in the stadium. So today, for instance, the game starts about 20 minutes late. This makes it run over the scheduled starting time of the next game, 7:20 AM PDT. So they cut off the broadcast at the end of the game, skipping the interviews, summaries, presentations... but the strange thing is, they have yet to start the next scheduled game, and now it's 25+ minutes late too. The channel's just been sitting there with the DishHD logo for quite a while. How inefficient can they get? It worked so much better last year when they had 2 dedicated SD channels.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...