Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

International Cricket 2012-13

• Please log in to reply
512 replies to this topic

#141 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

Cricket is the lowest priority programming in USA on Dish or DirecTV.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#142 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

You also have to assume the people putting the pictures on the air for DISH have no clue about the game, its timing, or schedules. They just open the tap when some pictures come down the line.

At least they didn't switch from the first game (with, say 2 overs to go) to go to the pre-game intros for the second game.

#143 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

Willow website now lists West Indies in England series (mid May thru June) on their "Events" page as upcoming matches that will be viewable online.

No mention of it on the home page, and the Willow TV channel schedules don't go out that far.

#144 OFFLINE   Pagali

Pagali

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

Question -- is anybody here signed up for the IPL SD PPV? If so, are they also using just one channel? I would consider switching if they are managing that subscription better. HD's nice, but not absolutely required.

#145 OFFLINE   saisport

saisport

Godfather

• Registered
  • 325 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

Question -- is anybody here signed up for the IPL SD PPV? If so, are they also using just one channel? I would consider switching if they are managing that subscription better. HD's nice, but not absolutely required.

Yes I do have SD PPV but let me tell you my frustration first of all they did cut the presentation part from first match and they started the second match after the 9th over from first inning so i didnot even watch till 9th over except those Dish PPV with some annoying music.agree with some people that they do not want to present the game in manner but they just want to milk the money from their customer.
really mad :mad:

#146 OFFLINE   Pagali

Pagali

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

Yes I do have SD PPV but let me tell you my frustration first of all they did cut the presentation part from first match and they started the second match after the 9th over from first inning so i didnot even watch till 9th over except those Dish PPV with some annoying music.agree with some people that they do not want to present the game in manner but they just want to milk the money from their customer.
really mad :mad:

OK, we did get the same treatment then. Really awful business decision.. and obviously not a popular enough item for them to care very much.

How about the Dish Neo Channel? Are they handling overlapping games any differently? (I know they supposedly won't show the finals, but anyway...)

#147 OFFLINE   dilchahtahai

dilchahtahai

Legend

• Registered
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

Take the standard-def output connection from your receiver #1, put it into an RF modulator, and feed it thru the house cable-TV wiring so then you can see the picture from your receiver #1 in any other room where you have a TV and cable-TV outlet on the wall. It will only be in SD, but its better than nothing - indeed, if your TV2 is a SD TV, its better this way. The Dish receivers generally have UHF remotes, so you can control receiver #1 from the other rooms while watching receiver #1.

Sorry cant do it that way. 2nd TV in my other room has "separate Dish Receiver". Its because, 2nd TV is also HDTV. I get Neocricket channel in both TV, so I can watch match in SD, but then once you see anything in HD, who would like to see it in SD? :) Its okay, I am not complaining, as long as I can see it in one TV in HD Format. HD just ROCKS !!! I dont see anything in TV if it is not in HD.

#148 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

Sorry cant do it that way. 2nd TV in my other room has "separate Dish Receiver". Its because, 2nd TV is also HDTV. I get Neocricket channel in both TV, so I can watch match in SD, but then once you see anything in HD, who would like to see it in SD? :) Its okay, I am not complaining, as long as I can see it in one TV in HD Format. HD just ROCKS !!! I dont see anything in TV if it is not in HD.

I understand - the HD pictures are great, and its tough having cricket just in SD most of the time. I prefer to watch it on my older SD TVs, as the SD picture looks better there than on a HDTV!

As I've said before here, while the 24-hour/7-days cricket channels have some good points, one downside is the chances of cricket mostly in HD anytime soon are close to zero. I'm glad its up for the IPL via PPV - even tho I'm not an IPL fan.

There is new multi-media over coax which Dish uses to send HD pictures from its new Hopper DVR/receiver over the house coax cables to slave receivers in other rooms - but I don't know how you would set this up yourself with older receivers. But perhaps this concept is not far away.

#149 OFFLINE   jmukesh

jmukesh

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:53 AM

Dish Network is not advertising this but they're offering free IPL for all subscribers of any South Asian TV subscribers. Check this link:

go to dish.com 'back slash' redirects 'back slash' promotion 'back slash' ipl

They charge you and then issue the entire credit!!

#150 OFFLINE   negma

negma

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

T & C:

Free IPL offer: Valid for new DISH service activation with a qualifying South Asian package ($24.99/mo or higher), or existing customer upgrade to Hindi Mega Pack or Hindi Premium Pack, between 3/01/12 and 5/05/12.

#151 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

SatExplorer,
West Indies tour of England will be shown by willow cricket. Please update.

#152 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

Satexplorer,
The Willow TV web site has been updated with Australia tour of England and South Africa tour of England. Please update.

#153 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

Do anyone know who is going to cover tours in India from India in USA?

#154 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 338 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

Satexplorer,
The Willow TV web site has been updated with Australia tour of England and South Africa tour of England. Please update.

Any idea if these, and the WI tour of England, will be internet only, or on the Willow TV channel as well? TV schedules on their website only go till next week (Apr 30) at this point.

Either way, I assume it will be a relay of what is broadcast in India by Star Cricket, rather than a raw feed from Sky Sports in the UK. Quality coverage with minimal interruptions would be too much to expect from Willow!

#155 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

Any idea if these, and the WI tour of England, will be internet only, or on the Willow TV channel as well? TV schedules on their website only go till next week (Apr 30) at this point.

Either way, I assume it will be a relay of what is broadcast in India by Star Cricket, rather than a raw feed from Sky Sports in the UK. Quality coverage with minimal interruptions would be too much to expect from Willow!

I am sure it will be also shown on Willow Cricket TV channel, otherwise this channel would have gone.

#156 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 513 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:36 PM

Do anyone know who is going to cover tours in India from India in USA?

Star says that India Cricket rights are to be shown Worldwide. Back in March Canada lost NEO Cricket replaced by ATN Cricket. Star India Plus in America stopped showing highlights from ICC Cricket World, in the third week of April. Star has yet to say, if India Cricket are to be distributed to various channels or launch maybe replace a Cricket channel.

#157 OFFLINE   saisport

saisport

Godfather

• Registered
  • 325 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:16 AM

If stars launches their channel in US market then Willow will definitely go out of business

#158 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

If stars launches their channel in US market then Willow will definitely go out of business

Maybe Star and Willow will come to an agreement where they will make Willow cricket channel as Star-Willow cricket channel and Willow get the shared revenue.

#159 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

Satexplorer,
I saw that you removed Willow Cricket channel from West Indies, Australia and South Africa tour of England. So Willow will only be showing online, not on TV channel. Then what is the point of Willow cricket channel?

#160 OFFLINE   satroy

satroy

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:36 PM

I have Xbox 360 and can watch you tube there. Will I be able to watch Willow TV online youtube through Xbox on TV? If they don't show any more cricket on Willow TV cricket channel, then I have no option other than youtube.

spam firewall