Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Direct TV on Demand Download Problems

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Lobo1943

Lobo1943

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:42 PM

Hello,

I have been having lots of “On Demand” download problems. What happen’s, when I select a program to download from the “On Demand” sight I get the record prompt. Everything seems to be downloading but after I go to the “List” and select the program I downloaded the program shows zero minutes recorded or maybe one or two minutes. I have spoken to Direct TV Tech Support and they have had me refresh, reset and do other things but I am still having the same problems.

I am using Netgear XE104 Wall-plugged Ethernet Switch via my router. When I connect my laptop the wall mounted Ethernet adaptor I can access the internet as though I was directly connected to my router, and have no problems using my laptop and the internet. I have (at Direct TV’s Request) reset the Ethernet adaptors and have re-downloaded updates from Netgear drivers, and I am still having problems.
Does anyone have any ideas on what I should try?

Lobo1943

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,908 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:49 PM

I'm moving this to the DIRECTV area.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   matthew999

matthew999

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:11 PM

have you manually set the ports on the HR? and then allowed port forwarding via the netgear or your dsl/cable box? If your router/modem has a dmz then set that for the ip of the HR.

#4 OFFLINE   admdata

admdata

Legend

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:49 AM

have you manually set the ports on the HR? and then allowed port forwarding via the netgear or your dsl/cable box? If your router/modem has a dmz then set that for the ip of the HR.

:nono:
Bad idea using a DMZ with anything connected to a router, it is there for saftey and NOT getting hacked into, the other suggestion is good with setting up a static IP for all of your HR's connected to the network
Account closed by Directv on 7/7/2011
All leased equipment returned

On 7/8/2011 Directv charges me for 2 receivers one DVR at ($175.00) and a Standard STB for ($45.00), good grief!!

Note: Directv did reverse the equipment charges

#5 OFFLINE   lmuehl

lmuehl

Legend

• Registered
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:21 AM

Which router/modem are you using and is it cable or DSL? I had the same issue with Qwest's 2wire router . I changed it with an Action-tec PK5000 and all is fine with On Demand but, now media share quit working on my wireless laptops some trade off.
SWMLine Dish
HR21-700/AM-21 1TB Calvary E-sata-->networked -->HDMI -->LG 42"LCD -->Optical Digital Sound-->Technics SA-DX930 Receiver
HR21-700/AM-21 networked -->Component Video-->Insignia 32" LCD & HDMI-->Insignia 27" LCD
HR22-100 HDMI-->Phillips 22" LCD located in RV

#6 OFFLINE   VARTV

VARTV

Godfather

• Registered
  • 457 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA, USA

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:23 AM

:nono:
the other suggestion is good with setting up a static IP for all of your HR's connected to the network

A good suggestion. I remember that happening to me a long time ago until I assigned an IP address to each receiver. I actually do that now for my entire network...

(6 DirecTV HD receivers)
(4 PCs)
(3 Samsung TVs)
(2 Smartphones)
(1 Bluray player)
(1 Wii)
(1 Network printer)
(1 iPod Touch)

Robert F Corbin
VARTV.com | Virginia Media News & Information

With DirecTV since October 2004. My complete setup on 1/1/2013...

#7 OFFLINE   frogg

frogg

Legend

• Registered
  • 226 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:13 AM

I have always used assigned IP addresses for my receivers and assigned STB and audio ports to avoid conflicts. But recently I have experienced the same problems with VOD. Download hangs at 2%, and won't go any further no matter what. Connections test confirms connection to network and internet. Possibly linked to other problems such as 60-second channel changes when using guide to go to channel, and slooooow direct entry or channel up/down. All seemingly since last NR 4a6. All receivers and dvrs in my household are affected. HR21, HR20, H21. Hopefully Earl is working on this for us.

#8 OFFLINE   Lobo1943

Lobo1943

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:31 AM

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I found out what the problem was and it was my DVR. Direct TV installed a new receiver and everything is working now, Thanks a gain.

Lobo1943

#9 OFFLINE   zydeco

zydeco

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

had the same problem.just reset recicver.either unplug it a few secoinds or use reset button .it shoul work after thar

Protected By... spam firewall...And...