Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Playing back whole folder doesn't start with the first episode recorded anymore

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   madclown

madclown

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:57 PM

I think this started happening with version 0x4a6 (I have the HR22/100). When I play the whole folder of a series it should start from the first episode recorded, but instead it starts at a random episode. I already made sure all episodes were played through before testing.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   nuspieds

nuspieds

Legend

• Registered
  • 141 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:55 AM

I just tested it and it still works fine for me. I've never had that problem.

#3 OFFLINE   David MacLeod

David MacLeod

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:54 AM

I use this feature a LOT and folders are mix local and mrv, and has not happened to me.
only thing I can think of is if any episode (especially the first) was watched for even a second or two it may cause it.
Dave MacLeod
S.I.H.

#4 OFFLINE   madclown

madclown

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:33 PM

The only way I could fix it was to delete the entire folder of a series, and recording everything over again. Restarting the dvr and clearing the nvram didn't help at all. I don't get why it started screwing up but it sure is annoying that I have to record everything over again if I want it to play in correct order.

#5 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,678 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:13 AM

I think this started happening with version 0x4a6 (I have the HR22/100). When I play the whole folder of a series it should start from the first episode recorded, but instead it starts at a random episode. I already made sure all episodes were played through before testing.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

How do you have your playlist sorted right now? What is the folder of? One series, or a auto record of any kind? What order are the programs in the folder itself? And have you tried a restart and then seen if it's still doing the same thing?

spam firewall