Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Pro Installation Questions

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   broeddog

broeddog

AllStar

• Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:37 PM

Thanks for the info Dave, it makes since and I will post pix when I return home.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   Rik756

Rik756

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:21 PM

Terminating the open port on the PI should be all you need to do.

Soooo this neat little FedEx box shows up today and in it is a shiny, new Cinema Connection Kit.

I open it up, browse the installation instructions for a minute and I'm ready to go. Per your instructions veryoldschool, I removed the BB DECAs from both receivers and hit the reset button to re-activate the internal DECA. I power up the CCK and follow the instructions I read. At first I was puzzled that it told me not to use the LAN cable but OK, I played along and within about 5 minutes of setup the first receiver is online via wireless. I go to the bedroom receiver and tell it to connect, but it already had!

I got a message saying that it could take up to 24 hours to populate all the channels and then I should be good to go.

I don't think doing the wireless thing could have been much easier.

All told this has taken nearly a month, three calls to DTV tech support and almost 100 posts on this thread to get it all setup. That my friends is sadness!

I so very very much appreciate everyone's input and the time you spent to help me get this worked out. It was very cool of you guys and I want to sincerely thank you.

I'll pop back in tomorrow and see what else I've managed to fowl up or even better, to tell you how great the system is finally working thanks to your help.

Thanks all!
Rick
Living Room: HR24-200 sporting looped in-line BB DECA.
Master Suite: HR24-200 sporting looped in-line BB DECA.
LND with no bolts.
PI incorrectly installed with open ports.
SWM Splitter with open ports.
Half-functioning CinemaPlus.
RC65RX RF remote that doesn't work with my TV.
Diplexed cable internet.
CCK enroute!
DTV Tech Support- PRICELESS!

#83 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,864 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:35 PM

I'd say you're over "the hump" and now can "simply" enjoy what you have. :hurah:
A.K.A VOS

#84 OFFLINE   Rik756

Rik756

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:31 PM

I'd say you're over "the hump" and now can "simply" enjoy what you have. :hurah:

Well, it seems to work as it is supposed to now. That's awesome!

Sadly I'm a little bummed about the way it works, but maybe I just need to look into it some more. As it is now, just about every movie I want to watch (of the supposed 6000 free ones) is either pay to play or on some channel that I don't get so I can even watch it. Is there a way to at least filter out the channels I don't get? That's annoying...

I do appreciate all the help getting it installed correctly. I have concluded that you guys rock and that the DTV tech I had and both of the DTV tech support phone operators I talked to were complete idiots. The tech that did the install completely wasted a Connected Home Adapter, two BB DECAs, 5 splitters and a bunch of coax. He also swapped my HR21 for the HR24 to get the BB DECAs to work which was cool in one way, but uncessary and perhaps going to cost me more per month. He did save them some money on two stainless nuts for the LNB though!

Thanks again all,

Rick
Living Room: HR24-200 sporting looped in-line BB DECA.
Master Suite: HR24-200 sporting looped in-line BB DECA.
LND with no bolts.
PI incorrectly installed with open ports.
SWM Splitter with open ports.
Half-functioning CinemaPlus.
RC65RX RF remote that doesn't work with my TV.
Diplexed cable internet.
CCK enroute!
DTV Tech Support- PRICELESS!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...