Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Upgraded to the same reciever?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   xchangx

xchangx

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:04 PM

I upgraded 2 of my recievers and asked for 2 hr24s, however they sent me 2 hr22's. If I send those back will that nullify my contract extension? I've just about had it with the slowness of these recievers and if they don't fix this I may just have to cancel.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,048 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:05 PM

Yes and yes.
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#3 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,890 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:34 PM

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=192112
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#4 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,267 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:49 PM

You can send them back without worry of a contract extension as long as you did not activate them. Once activated, the commitment extension will be in effect even if you then decide to return the receivers.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#5 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,132 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:14 PM

I upgraded 2 of my recievers and asked for 2 hr24s, however they sent me 2 hr22's. If I send those back will that nullify my contract extension? I've just about had it with the slowness of these recievers and if they don't fix this I may just have to cancel.

Did you get a discount on them? If not, return them and get new hr24s from a place like Solid Signal. If our it a deal, sometimes Directv will give you a credit to offset the cost. It's still a lease with contract, but solid signal guarantees new HR24s.

#6 OFFLINE   xchangx

xchangx

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:38 PM

Did you get a discount on them? If not, return them and get new hr24s from a place like Solid Signal. If our it a deal, sometimes Directv will give you a credit to offset the cost. It's still a lease with contract, but solid signal guarantees new HR24s.

They sent them to me for free. How much is the latest model through you guys?

#7 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,132 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:31 PM

A HR24 from any reseller will be around $200. I am not affiliated with any of them, Solid Signal is just one of the more popular resellers around here. Every once in a while someone will have one that they actually own for sale, in that case, it would not extend your contract.

#8 OFFLINE   xchangx

xchangx

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:48 AM

A HR24 from any reseller will be around $200. I am not affiliated with any of them, Solid Signal is just one of the more popular resellers around here. Every once in a while someone will have one that they actually own for sale, in that case, it would not extend your contract.

I haven't looked around these forums in a while, but what are the benefits of the hr24 than hr22?

#9 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:52 AM

I haven't looked around these forums in a while, but what are the benefits of the hr24 than hr22?

Speed. Speed. And oh yeah, I almost forgot...speed. ;)

#10 OFFLINE   xchangx

xchangx

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:57 PM

Thanks guys! Called D* and after a few tries they agreed to credit me the $200 to offset the cost of the HR24.

#11 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,029 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:59 PM

Thanks guys! Called D* and after a few tries they agreed to credit me the $200 to offset the cost of the HR24.

Before you activate the new HR24 make sure you see the credit on your account because once it's activated there's no going back in case they can't find the notes about the credit. Better safe then sorry.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#12 OFFLINE   xchangx

xchangx

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:53 PM

One more quick question. Since the boxes they sent me were upgrades, am I supposed to send the ones they are upgrading back? I don't see and instructions or packing slips or return labels.

#13 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,029 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:16 PM

One more quick question. Since the boxes they sent me were upgrades, am I supposed to send the ones they are upgrading back? I don't see and instructions or packing slips or return labels.

When you remove the old receivers from your account that should trigger a shipment for recovery kits. If you don't get them in a week or so I'd call and verify that they were sent.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...