Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

D12 hookup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   HDTAXMAN

HDTAXMAN

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:55 PM

Got a hookup question..When I got DTV, I got an extra dish and stand so that I cna have DTV in the toyhauler when I go camping...What I need to do is a variation on this..this September, I need to hook up the dish and need to get 4 tv's hooked up to it..I have 4 D12's at the house, so if I were to take the dish, run a cable in to a Multiswitch, and then run 4 separate cable out to 4 separate D12's, I am assuming I can watch 4 different shows (it is the first week of the college season on Labor day weekend and a need to have the games on)...will this work if I run through a multiswitch? prety much would mimic what I have in the house absent and HD DVR's...I subscribe and pay fro the 4 D12's each month anyway..it is a temporary placement just for the weekend..

Thanks in advance..

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:25 PM

That should work. A legacy LNB should have either 2 or 4 cables coming down from it. If it has 2, then you need the multi-switch. If it has 4, just run 1 cable to each receiver.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#3 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,913 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:43 PM

Using an 18" round dish would be the easiest to set up and align. It should have 2 coax connections. You need to run cable from those 2 connections to the inputs of a 2x4, 2x8, 4x4 or 4x8 multiswitch, or SWM8 multiswitch.

Then run one coax from the multiswitch to each D12. If you used an SWM, then run a coax form the SWM output to a splitter, then to each D12.

You need to make sure your D12's are set up properly for the dish you use. If you have SWM at home, and use a non-SWM dish at your temporary location, you need to change the D12 sat setup to "multiswitch".

#4 OFFLINE   HDTAXMAN

HDTAXMAN

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:39 AM

thanks fellas...I currently have the multiswitch setup at home so should be straightforward..again, i really appreciate the input...ya’ll have a great 4th today!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...