Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Longhorn Network

• Please log in to reply
689 replies to this topic

#101 ONLINE   mws192

mws192

Godfather

• Registered
  • 405 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:21 AM

(bump)

Update: Not one carrier has agreed to carry the LHN, I knew D* wasn't going to be alone.

http://www.kansascit...e-longhorn.html

I don't think anyone will either until they know if the Big 12 will survive the next round of realignment.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:56 AM

(bump)

Update: Not one carrier has agreed to carry the LHN, I knew D* wasn't going to be alone.

http://www.kansascit...e-longhorn.html

I would be shocked if Time Warner doesn't carry it because their deal with ESPn was done in a cycle before all the authentication craziness ( translate that to mean $$$$$$$$$$ ) is going on right now. Maybe ATT but I could see many saying no way. From what I have read in the trades, they are holding all these television providers hostage by demanding they take Longhorn and many other things for what amounts to billion over the long haul.
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#103 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,021 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:26 AM

I don't think anyone will either until they know if the Big 12 will survive the next round of realignment.

I don't think that will matter to UT, because there's talk that they'll go independent for the money & ability to schedule anyone willing to play them.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#104 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,634 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:04 AM

I don't think that will matter to UT, because there's talk that they'll go independent for the money & ability to schedule anyone willing to play them.

And fade into the sunset a la Notre Dame?
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#105 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,021 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:14 AM

And fade into the sunset a la Notre Dame?

Fade off? :lol: I guess you're ignoring there appearance in 3 BCS bowls in the last 10 years? ND still is a financial powerhouse who's had some up and down years recently. They were independent when they were a perennial power.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#106 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,634 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:18 AM

Fade off? :lol: I guess you're ignoring there appearance in 3 BCS bowls in the last 10 years? ND still is a financial powerhouse who's had some up and down years recently. They were independent when they were a perennial power.

Many teams were independent when ND was a powerhouse. As for money, Northwestern gets more money per year for football than ND does.

Their current status in the bcs makes it more difficult to get a bid. Who says Texas would get the same deal even? ND has huge national alum. Texas is strong but is still regional.

The Longhorns need to get off their high horse and play better with others. The whole destruction of the Big 12 is due to Longhorn arrogance and greed.

Editted for iPhone typo.

Edited by tonyd79, 13 August 2011 - 01:21 PM.

LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#107 OFFLINE   davidatl14

davidatl14

Icon

• Registered
  • 548 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:43 AM

Many teams were independent when ND was a powerhouse. As for money, Northwestern gets more money per year for football than ND does.

Their current status in the bcs makes it more difficult to get a bid. Who says Texas would get the same deal even? ND has huge national alum. Texas is strong but is still regional.

The Longhorns need to get off their high horse and play better with others. The while destruction of the Big 12 is due to Longhorn arrogance and greed.

This. Within a decade No independents in NCAA football will have any relevance at all.
May The Best of Your Past be the Worst of Your Future!

#108 OFFLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationNorthern plains

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:33 PM

The Longhorns need to get off their high horse and play better with others. The whole destruction of the Big 12 is due to Longhorn arrogance and greed.

I couldn't agree more. Nebraska left. I hope A&M and OU leave also and then refuse to schedule them in the future.
How do you like me now UT???? Enjoy your new network. :P
Perhaps I Misremembered.

#109 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,199 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:48 PM

I couldn't agree more. Nebraska left. I hope A&M and OU leave also and then refuse to schedule them in the future.

According to some reports I have been seeing, A&M is about to announce (supposedly as early as Sunday) they are leaving for the SEC in 2012.

Edited by fluffybear, 13 August 2011 - 04:26 PM.

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

#110 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,021 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:11 PM

No one wants OU because they have nothing to offer outside of football.

#111 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:46 PM

By no means am I Sooner fan but OU does have a rather respectable Men's Basketball and Baseball program. Given these programs may not equal up to some schools but by no means were they the worst school in the Big 12 either.

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

#112 OFFLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:06 PM

It was my understanding that personal attacks were not allowed on this forum. :lol:
Perhaps I Misremembered.

#113 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,021 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:10 PM

By no means am I Sooner fan but OU does have a rather respectable Men's Basketball and Baseball program. Given these programs may not equal up to some schools but by no means were they the worst school in the Big 12 either.

They're not bad, but athletics at UT is one of the best overall.

#114 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:45 PM

They're not bad, but athletics at UT is one of the best overall.

True, Texas has a good overall program but by no means does it compare with some other schools (most notably out of the PAC-12) :)

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

#115 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,021 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:08 PM

True, Texas has a good overall program but by no means does it compare with some other schools (most notably out of the PAC-12) :)

UT is in the running for the Director's Cup every year. Stanford wins it every year. :lol:

#116 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,920 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:14 PM

... but OU does have a rather respectable Men's Basketball ... program.

Are you referring to respectability on the court or off? OU has been mired in a number of different NCAA violations over the past several years.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#117 OFFLINE   gomezma1

gomezma1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 460 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:26 PM

Gentlemen, quit the bickering. We all no what money does to peoples minds and it's all about the money and I guess "Texas" is the envy of the other colleges that are cheating for what ever reason. The aggies couldn't stand up to Texas but I doubt if they can in the SEC.

#118 OFFLINE   camo

camo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 482 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:45 PM

Gentlemen, quit the bickering. We all no what money does to peoples minds and it's all about the money and I guess "Texas" is the envy of the other colleges that are cheating for what ever reason. The aggies couldn't stand up to Texas but I doubt if they can in the SEC.

I think Aggie's will compete just mine. In fact many of the blue chippers, cream of the crop recruits might decide to stay home now and play in the SEC. I see this working out just fine for the Aggie's, even taking players away from UT and OU. Lets admit it SEC is the elite football conference and not bad in BB either. If I was a talented Texas kid and could stay near Home and compete in the SEC, I would jump all over it.
This is a in your face.....Right back at Texas for their greed. I love it.

2-HR24-500
SWM Slimline Dish, MRV Ethernet, media share
70" Sharp AQUOS LC70LE640U
55"LG LH90, 47"JVC LCD's 32" Vizio plasma.
Onkyo SR876 SR receiver

#119 OFFLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:51 PM

Perhaps Texas and Notre Dame could just play each other in a round robin. They could do a home and home and home and home and well, you get the picture. They both think the sport revolves around them.
Perhaps I Misremembered.

#120 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:21 PM

Are you referring to respectability on the court or off? OU has been mired in a number of different NCAA violations over the past several years.

violations over the past few years should not take away from what the school's performance in the past. I was only pointing out that OU is more than just a football school.

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

Protected By... spam firewall...And...