Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Strange BBC behavior

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   yayestechlab

yayestechlab

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:41 PM

On my HR21-100 I had some strange behavior when a cable from my WB68 to the BBC got unplugged. Even after the cable was put back in it still was showing Searching For Signal (711). An RBR fixed the problem. Is this behavior normal? If not what caused the 711 error to stay up even after signal was restored?

Edited by yayestechlab, 05 July 2011 - 04:14 PM.

Setup:
Living Room: HR21-100 -- Denon AVR-2807 -- NEC 50XM5A 768p monitor
Master Bedroom: R22-100 --Toshiba 32" CRT TV
Basement:HR23-700 -- Panisonic 1080p TV

#2 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,482 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:51 PM

On my HR21-100 I had some strange behavior when a cable from my WB68 to the BBC gut unplugged. Even after the cable was put back in it still was showing Searching For Signal (711). An RBR fixed the problem. Is this behavior normal? If not what caused the 711 error to stay up even after signal was restored?

I've had that happen many times. It usually requires a reboot to get back to normal. It's more important to know how to fix it than to know why it happens. When the 21-700s first came out, I lost the first one I got. It got locked into a 771 error loop and no amount of resetting would get it out of that loop. Had to get it replaced.

Rich

#3 OFFLINE   admdata

admdata

Legend

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:59 AM

software glitch maybe??? and a RBR fixes it?!?!?
Account closed by Directv on 7/7/2011
All leased equipment returned

On 7/8/2011 Directv charges me for 2 receivers one DVR at ($175.00) and a Standard STB for ($45.00), good grief!!

Note: Directv did reverse the equipment charges

#4 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,482 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:04 AM

software glitch maybe??? and a RBR fixes it?!?!?

Seems like once it sees the sat sig problem it doesn't want to let it go. A restart usually fixes it.

Rich

spam firewall