Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Owned receiver purchase

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,684 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:33 PM

Are there any concerns with NIB leased HR24-500s on eBay? There appear to be many available and they often 'sell' for under $100 shipped which seems like a very good deal......any risk with these?

Doing a quick search for hr24-500 now, I wouldn't touch most of them, too suspicious.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   mini1

mini1

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 861 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:54 AM

I wanted to update everyone.
I purchased an HR24-100 and D12-100, both verified as being owned. The person thought they had an H24, and I wasn't going to tell them otherwise. Since the person got them for free, and had no use for them, I got them both for a really, really good price.

Now my question is, how do I hook up them up to test them and make sure they are working without getting an access card and activating them? Are there test channels? I may end up using one and selling the other. I have not decided yet. The HR powers on, but I can't tell if the D is on or not. There doesn't appear to be a light of any type on the front panel.

#23 OFFLINE   Vin

Vin

Legend

• Registered
  • 224 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:56 AM

Doing a quick search for hr24-500 now, I wouldn't touch most of them, too suspicious.

It turns out, you were right.....4 of the listings in question, all from the same seller, have been removed.
Vin

spam firewall