Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

SF Giant's featured in "The Franchise"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,316 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:23 AM

From a long SF Chronicle article headlined Showtime's 'Franchise' offers access to SF Giants:

Ultimately, Andres Torres and his designer jeans won them over.

Early this year when a film crew followed the Giants' center fielder to his native Puerto Rico, the players were still skeptical about the content of "The Franchise," the Showtime documentary series about the San Francisco Giants premiering Wednesday night. But Torres' unorthodox workouts were great television, and a clubhouse hit.

"We showed them that footage at the meeting we had with them in early February," said Jason Katz, a producer who has been embedded with the team for the past six months. "They were roaring with laughter, just seeing him in rolled-up jeans, no shirt, throwing the cinderblock over his head."

"The Franchise" promises viewers drama, humor and an unprecedented level of access in the traditionally closed baseball clubhouse. But for the Giants and the team's fans, the show was viewed as both an investment and a risk.

The show premier's Wednesday on Showtime. For MLB fans, this should be particularly enjoyable. From the blurb on Showtime's web site:

SHOWTIME SPORTS presents THE FRANCHISE: A SEASON WITH THE SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS, an MLB Productions Original Series. This new docu-series follows the 2010 World Series champions as they defend their title in 2011. With unprecedented access to Giants players, their families, coaches and team personnel, this series provides a candid look at the struggles, relationships and day-to-day lives of Major League Baseball players. It's an up close and personal journey from the off-season to Spring Training, the All-Star Game and beyond.

Edited by phrelin, 11 July 2011 - 09:32 AM.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,137 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:07 AM

I saw the comming attractions yesterday looks pretty interesting

JACK,

#3 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,833 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:19 AM

I'm looking forward to it. Even though I'm a die hard Yankees fan, I love sports documentaries & programming.

Also, seeing Cody Ross become a postseason legend was amazing. His sister and I were friends growing up when they lived here and Cody was always around trying to hang with us.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#4 OFFLINE   chevyguy559

chevyguy559

Fresno State Bulldog!

• Registered
  • 706 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:42 PM

Since I'm a life long Giants fan, I can't wait for this to start!

DirecTV Subscriber Since 11/2008
Choice Ultimate - HD Extra - RZC
(2) HR22-100
(1) HR22-100 (Owned)
(1) HR21-100 (Owned)

spam firewall