Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Direct tv and OTA

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,776 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:47 PM

I want to reset the OTA is this the set up I do Reset Settings then Initial Setup ?

1. Press Menu
2. System Setup
3. Sat & Ant
4. Antenna Setup
5. Reset Settings
6. Menu
7. System Setup
8. Sat & Ant
9. Antenna Setup
10. Initial Setup

As stated previously, yes.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#27 OFFLINE   sportman13

sportman13

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 323 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:50 PM

I do the steps in the sequence

1.Menu > System Setup > Sat & Ant > Antenna Setup > Reset Settings
2.Menu > System Setup > Sat & Ant > Antenna Setup > Initial Setup
3.Be sure to re-enter the zip code, even if it's the same.

3 where dose the re-enter the zip code, come up ?

#28 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,776 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:26 AM

When start the initial setup again, one of the first steps is to enter your zip code. Have you actually tried it yet? It's really pretty self-explanatory.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#29 OFFLINE   rta53

rta53

Legend

• Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:09 AM

Yes, it's possible to incorporate your off-air local stations into the DirecTV Guide. The H20 HD Receiver and HR20 HD DVR have built-in off-air tuners, so just connect an off-air antenna and run the Antenna Setup as outlined earlier. Other HD Receivers/DVRs use the AM21 Off-Air Accessory that connects via USB to provide the same functionality.

I have an HR23 so I guess that's why I didn't know about the Off-Air functionality. If you have the AM21 does that mean you can record 3 programs at once?

Edited by rta53, 13 July 2011 - 05:38 AM.

#30 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,447 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:12 AM

I have an HR23 so I guess that's why I didn't know about the Off-Air functionality. If you have the AM21 does that mean you can record 3 programs at once?

No;

Live recording on all current DirecTV DVRs are still limited to two for either 2 OTA channels (if off-air capable), two satellite channels, or one of each.

#31 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,423 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:10 PM

I just need to know how ONE guy got 17.3 and nobody else can.

#32 OFFLINE   Taltizer

Taltizer

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:37 PM

I just did another "initial setup", and I don't see a 17-3. Plus the 6's are gone, although I can't get them OTA because they are VHF-Low (I only have a UHF antenna.

Rerun the initial setup again without doing the reset settings and when its done the missing channel numbers reappear sometimes it takes 2 times to get them all to show up.Some kind of glitch makes it take 2 times to get all the numbers to appear.

#33 OFFLINE   sportman13

sportman13

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:17 PM

- I live in Philly. I get 17.2 is Anntena Tv perfect,direct tv Guide has no schuedele but 17.3 is This Tv has Anntena tv schudele anyone else have this

#34 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:46 PM

- I live in Philly. I get 17.2 is Anntena Tv perfect,direct tv Guide has no schuedele but 17.3 is This Tv has Anntena tv schudele anyone else have this

Yes, anyone else in Philadelphia with DirecTV and an HR20/H20/AM21 gets the same thing. Don't expect it to change anytime soon. There is an issue with DirecTV's guide data and they have pretty much given up on making any changes/updates to the OTA channel listings at this time. Hopefully after the HD-GUI is launched they may be able to look into this and make changes.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#35 OFFLINE   sportman13

sportman13

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:51 PM

Beerstalker what is HD-GUI is launched do you wpvi 6 subs ?

#36 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:48 PM

DirecTV is supposed to entirely revamp the Graphic User Interface (GUI) on our boxes sometime around October of this year. It is supposed to be a High Def interface (HD-GUI), and significantly faster. I personally hope if that is all true then they may also be able to address the issues with guide data and take care of the current limitations that are causing them to ignore the OTA guide issues we have at this time. If they are able to fix the issue then we might see them start to update their guide to include all of the more recently changed/added OTA channels to match what Zap2It has.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#37 OFFLINE   sportman13

sportman13

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:04 PM

Beerstalker are you in philly do you wpvi 6 subs ?

#38 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:11 PM

Beerstalker are you in philly do you wpvi 6 subs ?

No I am in IL. But, wilbur_the_goose said he is in Philly and has the same issues, so it isn't just something with your setup, it is an issue with DirecTVs guide data.
-by Jack Handy

#39 OFFLINE   sportman13

sportman13

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:24 PM

Beerstalker can I PM you with any Direct tv questions and do you no anything about Fios Verizon Tv

#40 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:38 PM

You can PM me and I will help if I can.

Sorry I don't know much about Fios, it's not offered around my parts. My choices are DirecTV or Dish where I live, and MediaComm or Comcast in town where my friends live (no cable service in the stix where I live).
-by Jack Handy

#41 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,423 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:06 AM

WFMZ just launched 69.4 - another channel we won't get :(

#42 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:05 AM

WFMZ just launched 69.4 - another channel we won't get :(

By the time a station gets past .2, they've ruined their main channel as well by bitstarving it to provide more crap subchannels...you guys really need to wake up and smell the coffee. While its nice to have more and more channels, doing it by further subdividing their main HD channel isn't a good thing...PQ starts to take a big hit.

#43 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,370 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:08 AM

By the time a station gets past .2, they've ruined their main channel as well by bitstarving it to provide more crap subchannels...you guys really need to wake up and smell the coffee. While its nice to have more and more channels, doing it by further subdividing their main HD channel isn't a good thing...PQ starts to take a big hit.

Some of the independent channels in the LA area have 8 or 9 subchannels. And PQ indeed takes a big hit. Most of these are foreign language stations which I don't watch anyway.

KCBS has no subchannels and seems to have the best picture in town.
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#44 OFFLINE   gcd0865

gcd0865

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:33 PM

If you happen to be using custom/favorite channel listings, also remember that you have to go in to that menu and check any new subchannel(s) to add them into your listing, so that they will then appear in your on-screen channel guide.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...