Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:58 PM
I like in Wichita, KS and receive several OTA channels that are not carried by DISH. I know that getting the guide info for these channels is not an option, but I was wondering if there was any way for me to rename the manual timers after I set them so that I would know what they are when listed in my DVR.
Any help or advice on this would be appreciated.
Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:43 AM
What you can do is rename the recorded event.
Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:37 AM
Tampa8 is correct that you can rename the recorded event to something you can remember but you are not able to rename a timer. Any time you want to rename the event, go into My Recordings, select the recorded event, and then select Edit Name. If you have any other questions, please let us know. Thanks.
Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:48 PM
I wouldn't expect to rename an operating system function on a DVR
I would not expect to rename a system function either. It's not like I was asking to rename the timer function. Just the name that the timer saves as the program name.
I realize that you can rename them after they are recorded, but if you have 5-10 manual timers each week it's quite a pain to rename them every time. It would be much easier to have an option to set what each timer saves as the program name. Seems like a reasonable thing to desire to me.
Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:05 PM
1) Go to "My Recordings" on your DVR.
2) Select "Group Edit"
3) Select "Create Group" and enter a name
4) Set up your manual timer and choose "Options"
5) Select "Set To Group"
6) Select the group that you want this particular manual timer to be saved under.
6) Select "Save" and then "Create Timer"
7) This manual timer will now appear in a folder with the group name
What I am doing is making a group with the program title of each recurring manual timer that I want then I will be able to tell exactly what each manual recording is.
Not exactly setting it to rename the actual program, but solves the problem nonetheless.