Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

612 dvr schedule shows it will record 4 shows @ 9pm tonight

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Grantmobile

Grantmobile

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:53 AM

This has happened on my 612. Some shows we DVR only new episodes of during the regular season went to reruns in summer. We filled the time slot with other summer time shows and I guess because the new episode recordings for the already filled fall primetime slot were weeks away, it allowed the recording on a different channel, same time without a conflict. Then when the original set timer primetime new episodes came back in the fall it had more shows than it had tuners.

I'm not sure how far ahead the 612 "looks" for conflicts when you set a recording, but the program guide only goes a week or so. So if a recording comes back weeks later it gives you no warning and bumps the lower priority recording out.

I wonder if they could tweek the DVR software to look for conflicts more often and not just when a timer recording is set.

I can't really complain that my 612 will "only" record 3 HD shows at one time while I watch a fourth DVR'd though. Anybody remember VCR's?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   beandaddy

beandaddy

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:57 PM

I've replaced the 612 with a 722. Keeping an eye on it

spam firewall