Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ted Danson joining the cast of CSI

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 ONLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,164 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:11 AM

No matter what role he plays, I still have him type-casted in my head as Sam. I grew up watching Cheers, over and over and over.
I am catching up with the Bored to Death series and I still just look at him as an aging bartender.

While I've seen every episode of Cheers over and over (and still watch it even today occasionally) every time I see Ted Danson, I can not help but think "3 Men and a Baby". While I am going to be willing and give him a chance, I'm not sure if I can get the idea of out my head that He, Nick, & Brass will break out and sing "Good Night Sweetheart" anytime they get together.

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:32 PM

Thought I'd revive this thread and see what people think of Ted Danson on CSI now that we're a few episodes into the season.

We're thoroughly enjoying him. Always like him as an actor, and his character is really interesting. It works much better than Lawrence Fishburne's character did. DB comes in as an established boss, and he's taken charge from the get go (in his own unique way). We're enjoying this season of CSI much more than we did the previous 2 - maybe even as much as we have any of the previous seasons of CSI.
"There's a statistical theory that if you gave a million monkey's typewriters and set them to work, they'd eventually come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we now know this isn't true" -Ian Hart

#23 OFFLINE   pfueri

pfueri

Godfather

• Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:44 PM

Thought I'd revive this thread and see what people think of Ted Danson on CSI now that we're a few episodes into the season.

We're thoroughly enjoying him. Always like him as an actor, and his character is really interesting. It works much better than Lawrence Fishburne's character did. DB comes in as an established boss, and he's taken charge from the get go (in his own unique way). We're enjoying this season of CSI much more than we did the previous 2 - maybe even as much as we have any of the previous seasons of CSI.

I will have to say I was wrong about Ted .He is way better than Fishburn on the show . Ted is doing a great job .

#24 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:47 PM

I am liking Danson on CSI..

The writers have given him a certian charm that works well on the show.....

#25 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,438 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:47 PM

Really enjoying it.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#26 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,936 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:59 PM

Took a couple episodes to shake his role on "Bored to Death" which was not very far from all of his other roles.
But I am adjusting.

#27 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,896 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:06 PM

I am liking Danson on CSI..

The writers have given him a certian charm that works well on the show.....

So far his character is rather plain.

For the record, are the writers brains on long a holiday or something?

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#28 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,187 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:29 AM

OK, my niece likes the young man who play's Danson's son on this show. The kid is a basketball player in college. My niece thinks he's cute. Of course, this is the same niece who's obsessed with all things Justin Bieber, which allowed me to tease her when Bieber's character got shot and killed on CSI last year. :D

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#29 ONLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,164 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:56 AM

So far his character is rather plain.

IMHO, I think that is part of his charm.

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#30 OFFLINE   Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:14 AM

IMHO, I think that is part of his charm.

I agree. He's quirky, and strange, and plain and it all makes him really likable.
"There's a statistical theory that if you gave a million monkey's typewriters and set them to work, they'd eventually come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we now know this isn't true" -Ian Hart

Protected By... spam firewall...And...