Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DTV won me back

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   wukilla

wukilla

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:14 PM

Below is what I was given for coming back, also they are giving me $200 on my buyout from dish. Tell me what you guys think.

Satellite Dish(es) Free 1 Free
Free HD Access Free 1 Free
HBO, STARZ, SHOWTIME and CINEMAX Free for 3 Months Free 1 Free
Winback Instant Rebate for 12 Months Free 1 Free
$5 Off for 12 Months - Instant Rebate Free 1 Free
HBO, STARZ, SHOWTIME & CINEMAX Free for 3 Months Free 1 Free
2011 NFL Sunday Ticket To-Go Winback Offer Tracking Agreement Free 1 Free
2011 NFL Sunday Ticket Winback Offer Tracking Agreement Free 1 Free
Free HD Access Free 1 Free
DIRECTV DVR Service $7.00 1 $7.00
HBO, STARZ!, SHOW, CINEMAX $45.00 1 $45.00
HD Access $10.00 1 $10.00
CHOICE ULTIMATE $70.99 1 $70.99
Whole-Home DVR Service $3.00 1 $3.00
Q1 2011 CHOICE, CHOICE XTRA, CHOICE ULTIMATE, and PREMIER with $31s redemptions -WINBACK Free 1 Free
Q1 2011 Free Lifetime HD access Offer– Choice XTRA and above, MAS ULTRA and above and Preferred CHOICE with $10 credit -WINBACK Free 1 Free
Winback $5/12Month Instant Rebate – Cash Back Offer Free 1 Free
NFLST/TO GO 2011 CHOICE ULTIMATE and PREMIER with Free STARZ/SHO/HBO/CMAX for 3 months - WINBACK Free 1 Free
NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ To-Go included for the 2011 Season Free 1 Free
NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ included for the 2011 Season Free 1 Free
Winback ECF Pre-Paid Visa Card Offer (offer based on tag guidance only) Free 1 Free
HD DVR Receiver Free 1 Free
HD Receiver $99.00 1 $99.00
HD Receiver $99.00 1 $99.00
Standard Receiver Free 1 Free
Additional Receiver Fee Free 1 Free
Premium Condition Free 1 Free
Sports Seasonal Condition Free 1 Free
DIRECTV® DVR service Free 1 Free
Rebate – Redemption Required Free 1 Free
Sales Order Credit ($19.95) 1 ($19.95)
Sales Order Credit ($99.00) 1 ($99.00)
MRV Install Free 1 Free
NFL SuperFan Blackout Condition Free 1 Free
HD Access Free 1 Free
DIRECTV CINEMA™ Connection Kit Free 1 Free
HD-DVR Receiver Condition Free 1 Free
Additional Receiver Condition Free 1 Free
VCONABP Free 1 Free
NFL SuperFan HD Programming Condition Free 1 Free
NFL SuperFan SuperCast Condition Free 1 Free
NFL SundayTicket HD Condition Free 1 Free
Winback ECF Pre-Paid Visa Card Offer (offer based on tag guidance only) Free 1 Free
NFL Sunday Ticket Receiver Condition Free 1 Free
Delivery and Handling Fee $19.95
Professional Installation Free
Tax $7.33
Order Total $106.33

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:47 PM

Holy crap, that's a lot of free stuff! They charge me $10 for my "free" HD access, but give it to you 3 times!

#3 OFFLINE   wukilla

wukilla

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:46 AM

Guess they really liked me :D.

#4 OFFLINE   mystic7

mystic7

Icon

• Banned User
  • 632 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:09 AM

Did you call them or did they contact you first about coming back?

#5 OFFLINE   wukilla

wukilla

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:24 AM

They had been calling for a month now. I finally took the call, to my surprise I was offered a lot! He said since I was a great customer and that I had kept my account with them in great standing. I wonder how the whole home DVR thing works :confused:.

#6 ONLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,713 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:56 AM

They had been calling for a month now. I finally took the call, to my surprise I was offered a lot! He said since I was a great customer and that I had kept my account with them in great standing. I wonder how the whole home DVR thing works :confused:.

Works great! You'll find more info in the Connected Home forum. My biggest wish (and I'm not alone) is to be able to access other boxes To Do lists.

#7 OFFLINE   wideglide36

wideglide36

Legend

• Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:58 AM

wukilla,

Congrats! That's some great package that they offered you.

I couldn't even get a $10.00 free HD access credit that they had mistakenly taken from me.

Wow! Returning customers are treated like gold, and current longtime loyal customers paying big bucks are treated crappy.

Does that make good business sense?

Forgive me, I'm still venting.:(

#8 OFFLINE   bobvick1983

bobvick1983

Godfather

• Registered
  • 277 posts
  • LocationNW Alabama

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:40 AM

I came over again from Dish Network, I had been a DirecTV subscriber in the past before MRV. You will really like MRV, and I really like DirecTV's customer service vs. Dish. They do not seem like they are trying to get you off the phone, and make you really feel apprecaited as a customer.

DIRECTV
DIRECTV AU9-SL3 dish, SWM 16, HR44-700, HR24-100 2TB external HDD, HR24--200 1TB external HDD, HR24-200 1TB external HDD, HR21-700 receivers 2TB interal HDD, DECA Networked

C-BAND

7.5' SAMI C-Band dish, Chaparral Dual C feed, Norsat 8115C-Band LNB's, GEOSat Pro MicroHD, GBox V3000 Positioner

#9 OFFLINE   wukilla

wukilla

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:47 AM

Thanks for the replies all! Now I really feel good about my decision :D.

#10 OFFLINE   sansabar

sansabar

AllStar

• Registered
  • 100 posts
  • LocationOusley, GA

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:05 AM

This hits home since I'm having another round of issues.
I've been with them since 1995 and on occasion I have been given the benefit of the doubt but for the most part completely agree with you. I know people who jump back and forth to take advantage of freebies - and loyal me gets "thanked" for being a loyal customer when I call. Wouldn't mind a bit of appreciation every now and then.
No matter where you go, there you are.

#11 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,565 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:51 AM

I'm still waiting for a call from DirecTV to give me a lot of free stuff. :)
I have gotten a couple of three months of Starz for being a good customer in the 15 years I've been with them.
Once I didn't know I had it until after a month had passed.

Anyway, I'll never get a call trying to win me back as I don't plan to go anywhere. :D
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#12 OFFLINE   judson_west

judson_west

Godfather

• Registered
  • 257 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:12 PM

I wouldn't say that I've been showered with freebies over the past 15 or so years being a DTV customer, but I've gotten my fair share. Recently, I ordered an HD receiver ($99) but got a call from DTV asking if I would accept an upgrade to a HD DVR for free. I said ok and it turned out to be an new HR24. Sweet.
Video/Audio 1: DirecTV HR24-500 (HDMI)-> Sony STR-DA5200ES -> Sony KDL-52XBR9
Video/Audio 2: DirecTV HR20-700 (HDMI) -> Sony KDL-32EX500
Video/Audio 3: DirecTV HR20-700 (HDMI) -> Sony KDL-40EX500

#13 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,279 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:56 PM

Glad to see the OP got such a good deal.

I just spent a couple days trying to get a decent deal and the final offer was not even as good as a new customer gets.

But the whole conversation is just unbelievable. The deals for the programming, HD, MRV and all that were fine, the balking point became the hardware.

1st day they offered 2 HDDVRs for free, and a 3rd one for $200. I said fine, but my son is the one paying for any new hardware, let me check with him. Checked with him, he's good to go.

Today - called back and strangely got the exact same sales guy that I originally talked to. He checks into things, comes back and says, no can't get 2 of them free, but they will take 1/2 off the second and then said, no the 2nd will be $70 and they'll throw in a HD receiver for free instead. So I said let's do it. He goes away to enter the order and set up delivery and all that. Comes back with "no can't do that deal either". Offers 1 HDDVR for free, 1 for $174 and a free HD Receiver. I told him I can get that exact same setup for $148 on their own website. He gives me some story line, but bottom line is I just said thanks but no thanks.

If my son want NFL he can figure out a way to get it on his own. I don't need to change services, although I could save a few bucks if I did.

Before someone jumps in with some excuse for why this didn't go smoothly, let me say I'm not mad and probably would have made the switch for the new customer offer instead of the final one they offered. I've been reading recently about all too many of these 'changing' deals. Makes me wonder what is going on at Direct.

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#14 OFFLINE   jal

jal

Icon

• Registered
  • 761 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:59 PM

Am I reading this right? Did they waive extra receiver monthly fees for life?

#15 OFFLINE   schlagle

schlagle

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:38 PM

So it sounds like I should cancel my DirecTV account, give Time Warner a call, and then wait for DTV to beg me to come back.

It really sucks that I've been a customer for 10+ years, and they get $2500+ per year from me, but when I asked about MRV last weekend, I was told it would cost $250 to get it set up. Meanwhile they give it free to someone that dropped their service, in order to get him back.

#16 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,193 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:54 PM

Am I reading this right? Did they waive extra receiver monthly fees for life?

There seems to be a lot on there that is odd

3 Standard Receivers? as in SD boxes?

Additional Receiver Fee? install fee?

Tracking Agreement?

Premium Condition?

Sports Seasonal Condition?

NFL SuperFan Blackout Condition? Super fan they got rid of that right? why is blackout showing up on there?

DIRECTV® DVR service Free 1 Free now did you get free DVR?

HD Access Free listed more then 1 time?

HD-DVR Receiver Condition?

Additional Receiver Condition?

VCONABP?

NFL SuperFan HD Programming Condition?

NFL SuperFan SuperCast Condition?

NFL SundayTicket HD Condition?

NFL Sunday Ticket Receiver Condition?
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#17 OFFLINE   wukilla

wukilla

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:44 PM

The NFL stuff is free if they have a season, if not it will be free for the following season. I have 3 SD tv's so I needed those boxes. It almost felt like he couldn't find enough stuff to give me. I wonder if that was going to be the last call and he had it planned to show me some love?

#18 OFFLINE   bossfan50

bossfan50

AllStar

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:46 PM

I can't seem to follow what the OP is actually getting because there is a long list of stuff there with some repeated info. But it looks like a lot and now I wonder if I should have held out for more on my retention deal that I just got.

FIOS has finally become available in my area so I spoke to retentions and I was offered a free MRV install and a $15 per month bill credit for 2 years. I pushed for a $20 credit and the retention CSR said no. I pushed for an upgrade on my HR20 and HR23 DVRs and the CSR said no.

I am already getting the $10 HD credit and I am not a "premium" customer, just have the old Total Choice plan with no extra programming or sports packages. I figured that as a non premium customer the $15 monthly 2 year credit and free MRV install was going to be my best offer so I took it.

Edited by bossfan50, 15 July 2011 - 05:58 PM.

#19 OFFLINE   hrobbs

hrobbs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:01 PM

So we should all quit, and then come back and brag about all the free stuff we got? No thanks.

spam firewall