Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

ppv charges.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   VersionOne

VersionOne

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:19 AM

living room receiver: hd dvr. connected to internet; no phone line connection.
bedroom receiver: hd dvr. not connected to internet; no phone line connection.

last weekend, i ordered a pay-per-view from our home's bedroom receiver. based on what i've read -- because it's not connected to a phone line, and it wasn't ordered online -- the forty-five dollar charge won't show up until i either connect the receiver to a phone line (which i'll never have the need to do) or the receiver has to be sent back to directv for repair/replacement (at which time they'll access the card and charge for the show).

our bill came in this morning via directv's website, and the pay-per-view event was not charged. no indication of it anywhere. which leads me to my first question: despite not being hooked up to a phone line, is there a chance the event will show up on next month's bill, or sometime thereafter?

i'd imagine there's always a slight chance of that happening, but i decided to look back at previously monthly statements to see how long it took for charges to come through. various statements from the past indicate that video on demand pay-per-view movies were ordered through the living room receiver (which is hooked up to the internet), all of which were charged by directv and all of which showed up on the monthly statement the same month they were ordered. this leads me to my second question... is there a difference between the living room & bedroom receivers, and/or the video on demand service and regular pay-per-view services, that would result in one type being charged (the six dollar vod movies) and the other not being charged (the forty-five dollar basic ppv event)?

lots of questions/information here, which i apologize for, but i'm relatively new to ordering pay-per-views and would like to have this clarified before i go forward with purchasing any more pay-per-view events. thanks in advance!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:44 AM

living room receiver: hd dvr. connected to internet; no phone line connection.
bedroom receiver: hd dvr. not connected to internet; no phone line connection.

last weekend, i ordered a pay-per-view from our home's bedroom receiver. based on what i've read -- because it's not connected to a phone line, and it wasn't ordered online -- the forty-five dollar charge won't show up until i either connect the receiver to a phone line (which i'll never have the need to do) or the receiver has to be sent back to directv for repair/replacement (at which time they'll access the card and charge for the show).

our bill came in this morning via directv's website, and the pay-per-view event was not charged. no indication of it anywhere. which leads me to my first question: despite not being hooked up to a phone line, is there a chance the event will show up on next month's bill, or sometime thereafter?

i'd imagine there's always a slight chance of that happening, but i decided to look back at previously monthly statements to see how long it took for charges to come through. various statements from the past indicate that video on demand pay-per-view movies were ordered through the living room receiver (which is hooked up to the internet), all of which were charged by directv and all of which showed up on the monthly statement the same month they were ordered. this leads me to my second question... is there a difference between the living room & bedroom receivers, and/or the video on demand service and regular pay-per-view services, that would result in one type being charged (the six dollar vod movies) and the other not being charged (the forty-five dollar basic ppv event)?

lots of questions/information here, which i apologize for, but i'm relatively new to ordering pay-per-views and would like to have this clarified before i go forward with purchasing any more pay-per-view events. thanks in advance!

the receivers can use SWM to pass PPV info.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#3 OFFLINE   VersionOne

VersionOne

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:59 AM

interesting. i recall the bedroom receiver using swm. given that... should it be taking a week for the information to pass through, even with our monthly bill coming today?

#4 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:29 PM

interesting. i recall the bedroom receiver using swm. given that... should it be taking a week for the information to pass through, even with our monthly bill coming today?

It can take up to 30 days for it to show up on a bill.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...