Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

2 year contract is over

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:49 PM

And who won't charge a fee per month for the equipment? I don think Tivo offers the lifetime plan anymore.

They do. I bought two of em a few months ago. They raised the price way the heck up though.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 ONLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,906 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:26 PM

They do. I bought two of em a few months ago. They raised the price way the heck up though.

Though it's the lifetime of the DVR right?

#23 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:34 PM

Yep, but my Sony SD Tivo DVR Series 1 is still going strong. Hard drive is usually what goes out, and I always keep the original Tivo drive/software and copy it to a bigger drive for actual use. If the bigger drive ever fails, I just copy the original to another one.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#24 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,464 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:20 AM

At various times in the past, TiVo has had special offers to transfer lifetime subscriptions to new devices; it also gets transferred if there's a warranty replacement. I got a Series 1 Sony TiVo in January 2001 and bought a lifetime subscription with it -- that subscription has been transferred four or five times, and is currently active on an HD TiVo that my father uses with FiOS.
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#25 OFFLINE   dcandmc

dcandmc

Legend

• Registered
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:42 AM

Ok So Those receivers don't become mine then? I was thinking after paying for them for 2 years they were now mine and that I would only have to pay DirecTv for the programming. So I'm basically still going to have to pay $6 a month for each receiver I have in Use? Man I was hoping to start saving those $6 payments a month on each of my receivers. Guess I'll still have a little bit higher bill.

I find it hard to believe that you've been a member of the forum for more than 8 years, with nearly 1,500 posts, and yet you are unaware of this basic information. Oh well.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...