Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

722k with one input

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dshinnick

dshinnick

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:20 PM

I have a 722k with a King Dome on the roof of my motorhome. The King dome has only a single LNB, and I have the dome connected to input 1 on my 722k dvr.

When the dvr is "listening" to input 1, all is well. Sometimes, though, it starts listening to input 2, where nothing is connected, and gets all upset and displays a "Total Signal Loss" message. I then go into the Point Satellite screen, nudge it back to Input 1, and all is well again.

Two questions:

1. What causes the dvr to want to try Input 2, and

2. Is there any way to prevent it from switching to 2, or can I connect something to input 2 on the dvr switch will eliminate this problem?

thanks-

dave

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 571 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:17 PM

1) The receiver picks which tuner to view from randomly (TV1 doesn't necessarily mean that the signal is being used by tuner 1)

2) Connecting another sat cable/input is the only way I know of to solve this problem

Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
Social Media

Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 11a-10p MT.  Off: Weds/Sat/Sun.

#3 OFFLINE   gtal98

gtal98

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:09 AM

If you were in a house I would suggest running a checkswitch with only one input connected, because then the receiver would learn that nothing is connected to input 2. But I'm not sure how that would work with the RV system, if it would still find all the proper satellites on input one or not. You may end up losing everything if you do that.

Can you check and see what your switch matrix looks like now? Press Menu-6-1-1 then pick "Check Switch". Does it show 119, 110, 129 for both input 1 and input 2? What does it read in the "Device" row? 1K.2? WA.4? Feed?

#4 OFFLINE   RVRambler

RVRambler

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:33 PM

I have a 722k with a portable HD dish, only 1 wire and works perfectly. It must be the KingDome, I suspect that the 722k does not 'control' the KD as it does the portable LNBs, so if you have a second LNB output from KD, try connecting it to 722, it might fix the problem.

PS: I have used a Dish500 LNB (2 sat lnb) on small rooftop (winegard) and it works fine but I have 2 cables from it to rcvr, so this is the likely problem, KD just not supplying 2nd output.

G'Luck!

I have a 722k with a King Dome on the roof of my motorhome. The King dome has only a single LNB, and I have the dome connected to input 1 on my 722k dvr.

When the dvr is "listening" to input 1, all is well. Sometimes, though, it starts listening to input 2, where nothing is connected, and gets all upset and displays a "Total Signal Loss" message. I then go into the Point Satellite screen, nudge it back to Input 1, and all is well again.

Two questions:

1. What causes the dvr to want to try Input 2, and

2. Is there any way to prevent it from switching to 2, or can I connect something to input 2 on the dvr switch will eliminate this problem?

thanks-

dave

Rambling 'Round n RV'

VIP-722k
1000.2, Dual DPP rooftop

Protected By... spam firewall...And...