Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

TV2 not working after using wrong RCA plugs for TV1

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   obfuscate

obfuscate

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:10 PM

TV1 set died so we put in a regular TV with RCA plugs. The dead TV was connected through HDMI cables, I believe. She didn't unplug any other wires and didn't change anything with the receiver.

I tried to view TV2 today and I am getting shared view. So I check it out and see she plugged into TV2 RCA. I unplug RCA and put under TV1, unplug dead tv cables and turn off shared view. So TV1 is working just as before.

TV2 displays logo and "Shared view is currently disabled". So what did the receiver do with all this tv swapping? Not sure what the settings should be or how they changed just by using RCA plugs.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   obfuscate

obfuscate

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:27 PM

DUAL MODE! Which is a button on the front of the receiver.

See what vacation brain does to you? We are all worn out from our vacation and arrived late and tired to a broken tv. One of us accidentally turned it to Single Mode.

#3 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 359 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:39 PM

DUAL MODE! Which is a button on the front of the receiver.

See what vacation brain does to you? We are all worn out from our vacation and arrived late and tired to a broken tv. One of us accidentally turned it to Single Mode.

No worries! Glad you got it up and running and hope you have an awesome vacation! :)

Mary Catherine Brady
Team Lead- Dish Internet Response Team

Sunday, Tuesday-Thursday 3:30pm-12:00am, Monday 11:30am-8:00pm (MST)

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,424 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:10 PM

Sounds like dual mode is what you really want... but when you disabled "shared view" that is what killed TV2 in single mode. In single mode you have to have "shared view" enabled to connect different TVs like you were doing.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

spam firewall