Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

SWM 4 and upgraded hd in dvr

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tightredcorset

tightredcorset

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:07 AM

My wife is a Nascar nut. The HD Receiver in the LRM blew up. Yea smoke and everything. She lost 250 gigs of races, interviews, and more. I couldn't evven recover the stuff. Drive would not even spool up.

So I put a 1T drive in the new receiver DTV sent me. Wonderful, Until they set up the whole home.

That VCR will not be seen or will not see the other two receivers.

I thought it was the PS he put inline with that Receiver. So I moved the PS to the line coming in from the SWM. No Go.

Anybody had this issue? Resolutions???

Lee

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   David Ortiz

David Ortiz

There for Jeter's flip play

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,112 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:29 AM

You can check Whole-Home status on each DVR by going in the menu to Setup, then Whole-Home, then Status. The status screen will tell you if Whole-Home is authorized and which DVRs can be seen.

It's possible you just need to restart each DVR. If it's more involved than that, then it would be helpful to post model numbers of your equipment.

#3 OFFLINE   tightredcorset

tightredcorset

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 02:08 PM

The DVR in question was forced a software download. Reset and setup again. When I go to status it says no other units online.

All lights on the DECA1MR0-01 are green. (Living Rm and Bed Rm, Computer Rm is one of the new HR24-500's)

If I go to the computer room or bedroom, both of those show the other ( BR: CR: ) as online. Neither one shows the Living Rm.

The DTV Tech commented he has never seen this before. We both are wondering if the 1Tb hard drive has something to do with it.

#4 ONLINE   David Ortiz

David Ortiz

There for Jeter's flip play

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,112 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 21 July 2011 - 02:21 PM

On the living room DVR, go to the system menu and while info is highlighted, move to the right and choose More System Info. If you arrow down, you'll come to the status of the networking. Does the living room DVR have an IP address? What is it?

#5 OFFLINE   tightredcorset

tightredcorset

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:40 PM

Posted Image

Problem 1. cat 5 plugged into the bottom hole. Moved it to #1

Problem 2. This was a reconditioned receiver. It was set up for ethernet web access. 192.168.x.x. Easy fix defaulted network settings. 169.x.x.x

Thanks David

Protected By... spam firewall...And...