Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Software download schedules

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TDK1044

TDK1044

Godfather

• Registered
  • 539 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:35 AM

So there I was last night, sitting in my living room watching a show that I had recorded on my 'Office' DVR the previous evening, when suddenly, the show stops and the message 'Office DVR has temporarily been removed from your Network' comes up.

I go straight to the office and turn on the DVR, and it's getting a software download from D*. What? At 8.30PM? Strange. Anyway, I let it finish its download and then I go back to my living room and resume watching the show. About 15 minutes later, the same message comes up again.

Once again I go back into the office, and sure enough the DVR is performing a second software download. The second download was faster than the first one, and thankfully that was the last download of the night.

Why would D* choose to download software at 8.30PM during peak time viewing rather than the early hours of the morning? What if that DVR had been recording something?

Am I missing something here, Guys?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,912 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:43 AM

People with HR24 models were downloaded 0x8000 around the time you stated.

DIRECTV customer since 1995.

#3 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,267 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:47 AM

Let's follow the discussion in here: http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=195135

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

Protected By... spam firewall...And...