Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Concrete tile roof installation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sgkid1

sgkid1

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:35 PM

After 3 DTV installers and a supervisor, who all tried very hard, determined that the only place that I'll have a clear LOS is from the top of my 2nd story roof I have an issue because they can't do an install on concrete tiles. So though searching here I've found 2 possibilities, a Versatile mount and a Commdeck tile mount. I'd link to them but I've always lurked here so I can't submit URLs yet.

Does anyone have experience with these mounts? It seems like the Commdeck would be more stable but you run the risk of leaks whole the versatile mount may be more unstable. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Also if anyone a good private installer who will go on a second story pitched roof safely in Burlingame CA let me know! :)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   doctor j

doctor j

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,418 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, Al.

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:54 PM

Commdeck makes several roof mount systems and are very reliable.
In an after market setting(not a new roof) The commdeck box will have to be installed by a roofer and will not leak. The directv installer will use the mount once installed but will have no part in getting any installation of the base!

Doctor j

MFH-2 System : 2 Major Viewing Areas. 2 x HR20-700's & H21 in each area via E2/SWM-8. Hardwire gigabit switch to 30 mb/sec internet.

#3 OFFLINE   joe diamond

joe diamond

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:04 AM

After 3 DTV installers and a supervisor, who all tried very hard, determined that the only place that I'll have a clear LOS is from the top of my 2nd story roof I have an issue because they can't do an install on concrete tiles. So though searching here I've found 2 possibilities, a Versatile mount and a Commdeck tile mount. I'd link to them but I've always lurked here so I can't submit URLs yet.

Does anyone have experience with these mounts? It seems like the Commdeck would be more stable but you run the risk of leaks whole the versatile mount may be more unstable. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Also if anyone a good private installer who will go on a second story pitched roof safely in Burlingame CA let me know! :)

Those tile roof systems are just about impossible to work with. Any modification will probably void your warranty. Even walking on them can damage them.

I would consider an under eave mast mount with monopoles. The next possibility is a 2" steel pipe from ground to above the second floor roof edge for LOS as required. And there is a roof ridge non penetrating mount that folds over both sides of the roof ridge.

You got problems!
Good luck,

Joe

Edited by joe diamond, 28 July 2011 - 10:05 AM.
typo

spam firewall