Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish Online content via Dish Remote Access

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rasheed

rasheed

Godfather

• Registered
  • 296 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:56 PM

Does anyone know if there are plans to offer the Dish Online content via the ipad or other mobile non-flash devices -- could the Dish Remote Access player includes this content for streaming OR use that version instead of streaming from the box to improve picture quality?

Thanks,
Rasheed

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:32 AM

The iPad does show to be one of the mobile devices supported for Remote Access. With other applications, the user has the ability to change the picture quality of the feed (good, better, HD quality). Thanks.

#3 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Know Nothing

• Registered
  • 5,710 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:36 AM

Is this only available based on your receiver? Or is any Dish subscriber able to watch on-line? Is there, or will there be a net-only Dish service without a satellite box?
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#4 OFFLINE   BodyshotsByDan

BodyshotsByDan

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:50 PM

Dish Online offers feeds from various sources in different players. Most are flash based, but some I can not access on my linux HTPC or my linux laptop because they need microsoft supported plug-ins. I love the idea of DOL, I just don't like that some of their content is not available to everyone. Heck, Youtube, Amazon, HBOgo/Maxgo, and other sites work perfectly fine on my linux boxes, but not a lot of DOL content.

I have found myself just going directly to the source for the videos instead of going to DOL.

I would Love DOL to support the iPad/Android/Linux/Mac/etc. Not just Windows people (Yes there are a LOT of windows people out there, but not everyone eats the creamed corn at the buffet).
Dish Network 2x VIP722k,
1x VIP722, VIP625
Top 250 + HD/Platinum
Dish subscriber for 6+ years,
DirectTV DVRer before that, COX DVRer before that
Original ReplyTV owner, boy I miss that thing.

#5 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Registered
  • 571 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:52 PM

I can watch anything on my DVR and ExtHD with Dish Remote Access (android on Optimus-V), but I can't seem to find/watch any on-demand shows (that I can through a PC). My phone lacks flash, but if I can watch DVR shows, what can't I watch something like an old True Blood episode? A 3" phone is really too small to watch anything... but I may get a tablet soon, but it should have flash, so I assume won't be an issue.

#6 OFFLINE   satgeek550

satgeek550

AllStar

• Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:14 PM

I am not sure if it is in beta still or not but Dish has some major work to do on the site. Every player I had issues with after install all the plug in and extensions that it asked me to do. I have tried on both Mac OS X 10.6 and Windows 7 and it is still unbearable to watch.

#7 OFFLINE   l8er

l8er

Icon

• Registered
  • 624 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:06 PM

.... and it is still unbearable to watch.

My experience is the opposite. The stream on quite a few selections even says HD, and the quality is very good. I've used this with a 6 Mb DSL connection from the opposite end of my state while traveling, and an 8 Mb cable modem at home.
-GA

Protected By... spam firewall...And...