Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

H21 from Swm to 18" round dish

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tuff bob

tuff bob

Icon

• Registered
  • 645 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:57 AM

I've seen other people struggle with this ... Got an h21 receiver that I want to use temporarily with an 18" round dish but the receiver is stuck in Swm mode. If I start the receiver and select round dish/ multiswitch, it fails to verify and the signal meters show 0. I know I have signal, verified with an old RCA box.

I've also tried a reset everything, but it still starts with the original dish settings. Does anyone have a way to get it out of Swm mode?

I also read about a super secret reset involving down arrow/record for hr receivers during the boot, but obviously no record button on a non hr receiver, is there a super reset sequence for the h21?
Half a DLB, Half a DVR.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:48 PM

Try starting it up without the satellite connected.

After it starts up press the ACTIVE and UP keys on the front panel simultaneously and hold them in until the TV picture changes.

This used to get you right to the SETUP and INFO/TEST screens-maybe it still does.

Then, go through the satellite setup (specifying 18" dish) and restart the receiver. When it restarts and finishes all it's tests, remove power.

Now, hook up the 18" dish and power it back up.

Let us know if it works. If it doesn't, I have a few more ideas...

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#3 ONLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,542 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:32 PM

Dish Type Setup Steps:

From the Menu

• Using the Arrow buttons navigate to - select Parental, Favorites, Setup - press Select button
  • Using the Arrow buttons navigate to highlight - select System Set Up - press Select button
  • Using the Arrow buttons navigate to highlight - select Satellite - press Select button
  • Using the Arrow buttons navigate to highlight - select Repeat Satellite Setup - press Select button
  • Follow the on screen instructions and press the - Dash button
  • A new screen will be shown
  • Use the Arrow buttons navigate to Switch - then press the Select button
  • In the drop-down box use the Arrow buttons to highlight "02 Multiswitch" then press Select button
  • Use the Arrow buttons and highlight Dish Type - press the Select button
  • In the drop-down box use the Arrow buttons to highlight "01-18" round" then press the Select button
  • Use the Arrow buttons to navigate to Continue until you can highlight
  • Watch DirectTV

HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

spam firewall