Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Be thankful that we are retaining channels, rather than losing them

reboot daily

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#76 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,374 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:25 AM

Thanks for the data, that proves the intial statement was false and that the grass is simply the same shade in both places.

The rest of the post was irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

I was typing the response below in the closed thread, but I wanted you to see this...It's in regards to you looking to switch and basing it on HD.

BattleScott...If I were you, then I'd switch. Some advice I heard/read about buying electronics really applies here. Never buy a product based on possible future upgraded features, but buy it for what it does. In this case, don't stick with a provider with hopes channels will be added, rather, find who has what you want.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#77 OFFLINE   BattleScott

BattleScott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:39 AM

I was typing the response below in the closed thread, but I wanted you to see this...It's in regards to you looking to switch and basing it on HD.

BattleScott...If I were you, then I'd switch. Some advice I heard/read about buying electronics really applies here. Never buy a product based on possible future upgraded features, but buy it for what it does. In this case, don't stick with a provider with hopes channels will be added, rather, find who has what you want.

This is not really the thread for this, but, if it were simply about HD channels then I already would have switched. Right now there are three main issues keeping me from pulling the trigger. One is that I am still under committment for several more months. I know that AT&T is offering rebates that I could use to offset the ETF, but then it is still money that would have been mine. The other is the softer HD Image on UVerse. My inner cheap-skate is currently fighting a battle with my inner HD-Snob. The third issue is the quality of the DVRs. UVerse DVRS are currently far superior to DirecTVs in every aspect but storage capacity. With the newer 65HR units though, that gap has narrowed considerably. In just a few months, we are rumored to be getting a new HD UI that is promising leaps in performance over the current version. By that time my committment will be to the point where the ETF will be less painful. If that new UI hits on all cylinders and brings the DVRs up to or beyond the perfromance of the UVerse units, there is a high likelyhood I will stay. If it is released and the performance is not as it has been touted, or there are signs that it will be as buggy as the current models, then I will very likely make the switch.
HR24-500 / AM-21 / WGA54AG
42" Pannasonic Plasma
HR22-100 / 26" LG LCD
Slimline 5-LNB

#78 OFFLINE   am7crew

am7crew

Legend

• Registered
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:52 PM

Take away one 3D channel, add 5 more HD channels:

The new channels include:

FOX Soccer HD, FOX Sports Arizona HD, fuse HD, GolTV HD, and Nat Geo WILD HD with qualifying HD packages. With more than 170 HD channels, U-verse TV has more HD channels than anyone.**
Spanish-language channel Nat Geo Mundo and Utilisima, available for U200 Latino and Paquete Español subscribers.
ENCORE ESPAÑOL, available in the U300 package and above.
Aapka Colors, India’s general entertainment channel, bringing viewers a combination of fiction, non-fiction and Bollywood programming. Add to any U-verse TV package for $15 a month.
MTV Arabia, available soon for U-verse TV customers, blends pop music from the Middle East and North Africa with classic and new MTV programs, with Arabic subtitles. Add to any U-verse TV package for $5 a month.
MOVIEPLEX, part of the Starz Movie Package offering, available in the U300 package and above.

http://www.att.com/g...er|news_u-verse

Protected By... spam firewall...And...