Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New Install - Can't schedule?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   GatorPhan

GatorPhan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:31 PM

Has anyone run into this? Just coming back to Directv, but can't schedule an appointment for an install. How odd is this? Does this happen frequently right now?
H21-100
D11-100
R15-100
AT9
SWM8
SWS-4 Splitter

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   joe diamond

joe diamond

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:45 PM

Has anyone run into this? Just coming back to Directv, but can't schedule an appointment for an install. How odd is this? Does this happen frequently right now?

This is only a guess,

From other sources I read the state of Florida is beginning to enforce existing license requirements for satellite and cable (low voltage) installations. That might be it.

The other possibility is the biggest Home Service Provider (HSP) in Florida is often unable to keep up with high volume installations elsewhere. Overbooking these guys in FL would be a surprise.

Keep trying,

Joe

#3 OFFLINE   GatorPhan

GatorPhan

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:34 PM

Looks like I am set for Monday 8-12 AM window... Good deal, I'm excited to be coming back and will the NFL package once again.

How well is the whole home DVR service working and any issues with the newer Dishes with SWM units installed?
H21-100
D11-100
R15-100
AT9
SWM8
SWS-4 Splitter

#4 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,248 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:22 PM

What do you have ordered? (# DVRs/Receivers?)

I'm on my second day of WHDVR. Once it was installed properly, it is working great.

spam firewall